It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get the "not" of a list of values in an RTC Work Item

Angela Borchard (701120) | asked Dec 03 '14, 9:37 p.m.
Hello,

I have a list of values (appearing as checkboxes) in an RTC work item.

Parts Completed:
                  Part 1
                  Part 2
                  Part 3
                  Part 4

In the query of the work items I would like the following output:

ID,      Summary,     Parts Completed,      Waiting on Parts
1        ABC               Part1,                         Parts 3
                                Part2                         Parts 4

Is there a recommended way to get the "not" of the values set on Parts Completed (ie Waiting on Parts)?

I was thinking that I could configure another field Waiting on Parts (which is hidden from the form) and on save update the Waiting on Parts value to the opposite of Parts Completed.

Is this possible?

Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 03 '14, 10:34 p.m.

I don't know of a way to get what you want. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 04 '14, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are only two ways I think this could be done.

1. Use a calculated attribute. JavaScript would require you to have a list of the enumeration literals that mirrors the enumeration (JavaScript does not allow you to get all values of an enumeration) to calculate the "Not". With a Java Attribute Customization you could probably access the enumeration literals. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/ and https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/manipulationg-work-item-enumeration-values/
  2. Use a follow up action to do the calculation. The links above apply as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.