It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS versus RRDI

David MICHEL (1472448) | asked Dec 03 '14, 3:51 a.m.
retagged Dec 08 '14, 4:17 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
hello,
     I have found out JRS with RTC 5.0.1 and 5.0.2.
I plan to install RRDI. Could you tell me if it's better to stop installation of RRDI and deploy JRS ?
I think the installation of JRS is easier (no another server, no new database).
But could you tell me if functionality and performance are the same of RRDI ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 03 '14, 4:40 a.m.
edited Dec 03 '14, 4:55 a.m.
Hello David,

JRS and RRDI can coexist in the same environment and so far offer different capabilities.
Which one is better depends on your reporting needs.
Following are some points that might help you make the decision:
  • JRS is easier to deploy and configure as it's a Jazz application running on the same JTS of CLM.
  • JRS offers OOTB cross project and cross application reports that you can easily integrate in the CLM dashboards.
  • JRS so far (5.0.1) offer access to limited RTC and RQM resources and none from RDNG.
  • You can easily build custom reports in JRS but with basic capabilities (no charts, no calculations, ...) and the data limitations of the point above.
  • JRS is just in the first releases so more features are expected to come.

Summarizing I would suggest JRS if you are fine with the OOTB reports and the simple custom reports you can build, otherwise RRDI if you need more advanced features. My recommendation would be to install both (as they can coexist without problems) and decide what's better for each reporting task you have.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

David MICHEL selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David MICHEL commented Dec 03 '14, 6:06 a.m.

Hello Francesco,
   thank you very much for your return. I have just an understanding on the access of RRC or RDNG ressource. There are limitations for RTC and RQM and no limitation for RRC or there is none access for RRC ?

Thank you

Best regards

Francesco Chiossi commented Dec 03 '14, 6:19 a.m.

Hello David,

see this image from JRS 5.0.1 in the page to build custom reports:

As you can see:

• there are limited resources available for RTC (Change Management and Configuration Management) and RQM (Quality Management)
  • none for RDNG

Hopefully more resources will be added in the next releases.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

David MICHEL commented Dec 03 '14, 7:12 a.m.

Thank you for the screen shot. It's clear now.
My customer need link ressource between RQM and RDNG. So RRDI will be necessary but I would continue to follow the improvement of JRS.

Best regards

David

Benjamin Silverman commented Dec 08 '14, 7:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi David,

Just FYI, support for RDNG is available in JRS 5.0.2.

One other answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Dec 08 '14, 4:16 p.m.
 For a general description of the various reporting options, see Deciding which reporting options to use and its child topics.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.