It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there size limit for the zip file used by Jazz Importer?

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | asked May 18 '09, 12:03 p.m.
I have created a 3.2GB zip file in the format of Bugzilla output in XML and I got the following error when trying to run Jazz improter to import from it:

Exception reading ZIP file
invalid END header (bad central directory offset)

I tried a smaller set of the records and it works fine. So I am wondering if there is a size limit for the import zip file.

2 answers

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | answered May 18 '09, 3:26 p.m.
That was my initial though too but after trying a few more time and searched the error message I am not sure anymore.

I saw many posts on the intenet regarding this error message and many seems to be related to Java's zip file handling:
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header (bad central directory offset).

I split the 3.2 GB zip into a few separate files and make each be less than 1GB and the import seems working so far.

So it seems to me the size does matters.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 18 '09, 12:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have created a 3.2GB zip file in the format of Bugzilla output in XML and I got the following error when trying to run Jazz improter to import from it:

Exception reading ZIP file
invalid END header (bad central directory offset)

I tried a smaller set of the records and it works fine. So I am wondering if there is a size limit for the import zip file.

Hi

This sounds more like a zip file error. Can you check if the zip file is valid.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.