It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Reporting Services (JRS): Drilldown in graph format & group by in table format

Ana Lopez-Mancisidor (25648967) | asked Nov 30 '14, 4:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I am testing the new capabilities of JRS in 5.0.2 RC1.Improvements are great but I am missing following features (don't know if these already exist or not yet):

1. Graph format: it has a hover when you move the mouse over it showing the number of artifacts, but it does not have the drill feature. True? I can switch to the table format but here comes my second question (because I don't have the group by):

2. Table format: how can I group by in table format? I.e, group WIs by state. Is this possible? Could I directly edit the query and add this capability?

Many thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Dec 03 '14, 4:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Ana,
Thanks for trying out JRS. 
1) We have implemented graph drill through for some of the graph, such as the Release Status chart that comes out of the box. We plan to add that same type of functionality for all graphs in the future.
2) We don't have a way to group / aggregate table data yet, though we plan to support that. For now, you could export to Excel and do groups, totals, etc.
Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with other input. 
Theresa

Ana Lopez-Mancisidor selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ana Lopez-Mancisidor commented Dec 03 '14, 4:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Theresa, thanks a lot for your comments. Good to know that we have plans to add drill down feature in the future.

I have an additional question I posted in another topic but with no response. Maybe you can help me.

I did a sample JRS report with JRS 5.0.2 RC1 creating a new enumeration type in RTC for a Work item,i.e, Department (with list values Department1, Department2, Department3) and JRS is able to detect this new attribute as a new column, but if you display the values it does not show "Deparment1", it shows the value id "department.attribute.ibm.com.literal.l1".
Do you know any way to show the value name instead of showing the value id?

Many thanks, Ana

Brett Waldo commented Mar 29 '15, 11:00 p.m.

Theresa,

For "drill through", is there a version in which this is available (or planned to be available)? Or a workitem that we can track?

I'm kind of interested in how the out of the box ones do it. Seems like the functionality is there just blocked somehow. Is there some way to trick it out :)

2 other answers

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Dec 04 '14, 3:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  hi Ana, 
The JRS team is looking into it. We'll post an answer on the other forum thread.  

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Apr 29 '15, 12:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 In JRS v6, which is including with CLM v6, you can create summary reports (tables and graphs). From these reports which shows say Totals, you can drill down into which artifacts make up that aggregation. Example: Defects by Priority showing how many of each Priority value (1 High, 2 Medium, 3 Low), click on 3 and see all the low priority work items where type is defect.  

As for the OOTB report, we're planning 2 types...type 1 is the existing reports from 5.0.x which were originally created with SQL (tagged with "Ready to use" in v6) and have limited drill through.  Type 2 is newer reports created using Report Builder, many with aggregation and drill through support. You can duplicate and edit these reports tagged with "Ready-to-copy".  

For more info, see https://jazz.net/downloads//jazz-reporting-service/milestones/6.0M11?p=news and https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-reporting-service/milestones/6.0M10?p=news.

We don't have public RTC instance for you to follow work items yet.  If you want to create new work items for JRS right now, the best place is to open on CLM Project Area (Jazz Collaborative ALM) with Filed Against = Common Reporting.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.