It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sending WI between 2 different Jazz servers

Sany Maamari (13243751) | asked Nov 28 '14, 9:31 a.m.
 Hi all, 
I wish to make 2 Jazz servers communicate between each other. Let's say that I have a Jazz server with a development team that have their own RTC licences and another Jazz server for an end user team that mainly use RQM and have their own RQM licences. 
What I would like to do is allow the end users to send change or defect workitem to the development team that have their own Jazz server and maybe confirm the change and the defect by the development team in the end user server. 

Did someone has done something like this ? 
Is it possible and is there a better way than another ?

Thank you for your help

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 28 '14, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can make the different CCM applications friends (create friend relationships). Then you can use CLM links like related work item to link work items.

Users that have a login and a license on both servers can create work items on both sides.

If you want work items to be synchronized between both servers, you could create a custom synchronizer to do that. This would however be a major effort. The Idea in the Jazz Architecture is to link items, instead of creating multiple copies of the same data in different repositories.

Comments
Sany Maamari commented Nov 28 '14, 9:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph, 

Thank you for this quick answer. 
Unfortunately, users won't have licences on both servers. They will each have licences on their own servers. I could probably add 1 more licences on each servers to do the trick but surely not for all ? 

Knowing this, is it still possible to do it as you said ?  

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 28 '14, 9:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am however not sure how the use case should look like. What does send a work item mean?

If you mean via e-mail, it is possible to write a service that reads e-mails and creates work items. The service would likely run with one technical user. Other customers have done that.

You don't need a license to read work items on the other end. I am not sure, if creating the links would require a license. You could use a guest user and all users login as guest on the other end.

A synchronizer would run with one license on each end. However, it is, again, a major effort, like a mail client.

Bas Bekker commented Nov 28 '14, 4:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the two Jazz  team servers can communicate with each other, isn't there a case for just having one JTS with all licenses and register both CCM and QM with that one JTS and link work items with test cases?
That's the whole idea of CLM, unless it's a given for you having two JTS servers ...
Like Ralph says, synchronizing work items will be a pain.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.