It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Non Rational Products Integration with RTC

Vinay Kumar AV (17923837) | asked Nov 27 '14, 9:38 a.m.
retagged Dec 01 '14, 10:42 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Actually can you get me an idea , how actually integration can we done from non rational products(like Simulink) to RTC.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 27 '14, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a too broad question that no one can answer in general. For Simulink something you might want to be able to do is to version the model code. The RTC MSSCCI interface intents to provide (classic) tools that only support this kind of SCM interface a way to checkin and deliver code. You could also use the RTC Windows Shell, in which case Simulink would not know you version the code.

Other customers might want to have a model integration into code generation tools. Rational Rhapsody has some built in to offer, I believe.

Other integration scenarios depend on what the tools offer as data and how and what might be desirable.
Vinay Kumar AV selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 27 '14, 10:33 a.m.

And if the tool is more recent and has an integration into Visual Studio or Eclipse, and is using their SCM providers, the SCM component of these IDE's would naturally integrate the tool on that level.

Evan Hughes commented Nov 27 '14, 10:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is also OSLC linking (which is apparently popular in the systems space).

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 27 '14, 10:41 a.m.

If the other tool provides a server based OSLC provider/consumer this is an option, right.

One other answer

permanent link
Vinay Kumar AV (17923837) | answered Nov 27 '14, 11:03 a.m.
Thanks Ralph and Evan Hughes.

But primary tool is Enterprise architect, i want to do version control
So, whether MSSCCI provider should be used or OSLC is an approach or is any other way to do version control.
What is possible and what is not possible from EA to RTC.
Can you please let me know the best approach to proceed and how to achieve the target

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 27 '14, 11:15 a.m.

The best option to understand what can be done is to look what that tool provides in the first place. I googled that for you:

What they support: is http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.3/projects_and_teams/versioncontrol.html

See the second point. If they provide MSSCCI they should describe how to set that up there.

There is also a nice PDF: http://www.sparxsystems.com/WhitePapers/Version_Control.pdf

RTC is just a provider of SCM API's the consumer describes what they integrate with and how to set it up.

Vinay Kumar AV commented Dec 01 '14, 5:52 a.m.

Please let me know,
Best way to couple RTC with Simulink,EA
Considering performance and efficiency.
Whether MSSCCI or OSLC or any other possible solution.
Best practice is what i am in searching for

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 01 '14, 6:00 a.m.

MSSCCI was specifically implemented to allow these tools to use RTC SCM.

Vinay Kumar AV commented Dec 01 '14, 7:00 a.m.

How it actually impact Performance and efficiency

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.