It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding work item owner who doesn't belong to Project Area

Milan Krivic (98010172139) | asked Nov 27 '14, 9:03 a.m.
Hi,

can someone tell me is this a normal situation in RTC that you can add user as a work item owner who doesn't belong to that project area where work item is being opened?

So, when you add that specific owner, you can save work item, but he won't receive any mail notification.

Regards,

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 27 '14, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The users e-mail notification is independent of the project area set in the users preferences.

And, I think this is a normal situation in RTC. RTC provides read access to work items to any user, unless the access is limited to some users in the access control section. This way you can set the owner (and creator) to any user.

The owner would get notified if he sets the e-mail notification accordingly. This is the way you get notified on Jazz.net if you subscribe to a work item or create one, even if you are not a member of the projects.

It would be possible to write operational behavior to prevent the save in case the owner is not a member of the project area. I am not aware of one out of the box.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.