It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Different components visibility in a single stream

Fabrizio Bitossi (2325) | asked Nov 27 '14, 5:29 a.m.

Hello to all

We have the following scenario:

- components source code

- component "delivery" with executables and some configurations

All components are part of the same stream (in order to keep the alignment between source and related "deliver").

My question is: is it possibile to restrict the visibility of a group of user to only the component "delivery" ?

If not, we have to split the original stream into two (such as "source" and "delivery" streams) ?

Thank you

Fabrizio

Accepted answer

permanent link
Morten Madsen (3053150) | answered Nov 27 '14, 5:39 a.m.
 I don't have RTC in front of me right now, but I think you can change ownership of a component (right-click in eclipse + change owner) and then check the check box "restrict access to team area and child team areas" or something. You should then group users appropriately. Remember that a user can be member of several groups, and his permissions in the parent group cascades to child teams.
Fabrizio Bitossi selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Fabrizio Bitossi (2325) | answered Dec 15 '14, 4:56 a.m.

Hello

At the end we have done following solution:

Created a team area "developers" inside the project area.

Changed the ownership of source code components to the developers team area and limited the visibility of those components to the team area.

Created a stream with both source and delivery.

By acting in this way, all other members of PA are able to see only delivery component while team area members can access to any component.

Job done.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Fabrizio

permanent link
Fabrizio Bitossi (2325) | answered Nov 27 '14, 10:28 a.m.

Ok

Thank you really much for your quick and good answers!

Ciao

Fabrizio

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Nov 27 '14, 10:33 a.m.

No problem. Just say if you run into problems. I can't be entirely sure about my answer until I have RTC in front of me.

permanent link
Fabrizio Bitossi (2325) | answered Nov 27 '14, 5:49 a.m.

Hello

Perhaps in my project area I have to create 2 different team areas: one for developers and one for users.

The developer team area access to all components

The users team area access only to "delivery" component.

I'm I right?

Thank you

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Nov 27 '14, 9:03 a.m.

Yes, I would think that would do it.

Maybe you could make the Users team a sub-team of the developers team. Then all developers would automatically have all permissions in the Users team as well. Or you could have Users as a sibling team, and then add all developers to the Users as well.

Maybe you can experiment what "feels" better.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.