It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge not found in PlainJavaAPI RTC 4.0.5

Martina Riedel (20323341) | asked Nov 25 '14, 12:29 p.m.
We have a java program that creates build definitions for us.
Our build definitions use Build Forge, i.e. they need/have a Build Forge tab.

We just upgraded our server to RTC 4.0.5 from RTC 3 and the existing program compiled against RTC 3 java libs works fine.

I just recompiled against RTC 4.0.5 Plain Java libs and I get a crash because
IBuildConfigurationElement bfelement = BuildConfigurationRegistry.getInstance().getBuildConfigurationElement(
                elementName);
does not find anything.
elementName is set to com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.

So I guess I need to know the elementName for the BF tab.

I ran a
IBuildConfigurationElement[] elemList = BuildConfigurationRegistry.getInstance().getBuildConfigurationElements();
System.out.println("Elem list: " + Arrays.toString(elemList));
and there is no buildforge or forge at all in there.

So what am I missing or is something missing from the PlainJavaAPI?

Comments
Martina Riedel commented Nov 25 '14, 3:50 p.m.

ok, I found a partial answer in that I compared our API folder with the downloaded one and found 2 additional jars, com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.client_3.0.2.v20110831_0247.jar and com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.common_3.0.2.v20110831_0247.jar.

So the question now is where did we get those jars from and are they BF version specific?

One answer

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered Nov 25 '14, 5:51 p.m.
ok, I found it.
the BF jars are in the Eclipse client
....\RTC405\jazz\client\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.client_3.1.200.v20120924_1445.jar and com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.common_3.0.400.v20131017_2200.jar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.