It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Management from command line

Brett Waldo (1101521) | asked Nov 24 '14, 2:43 p.m.
 Is this possible? Either a repoTools command or a scm command that would allow an admin to put people on a team? Having to manage the teams inside RTC is an extra burden that would be nice to automate, as users have to be in multiple teams to see shared code.

2 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Nov 24 '14, 4:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you're referring to the Eclipse client when you say "inside RTC", you can also manage project membership/timelines/etc using the web UI. The web UI is available by:

1. go to your project's main dashboard (https://<your-server>/ccm/web/projects/<your-project-name>),
2. click the gear drop-down on the far right side of the page and select "Manage this project area"
3. scroll down to "Membership"

I only mention this because it's easy to miss the admin UI.

Comments
Brett Waldo commented Nov 24 '14, 5:02 p.m. | edited Nov 25 '14, 9:17 a.m.

Ah, sorry, I wasn't very clear. I see both ways to modify it in Eclipse and WebUI. I was looking for a way to do it programmatically from the command line. We have users created via LDAP and it would make sense for teams to be assigned when LDAP groups are assigned. 

Evan Hughes commented Nov 25 '14, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think Donald Nong has it with his answer: use our web APIs or plain java client. 

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 24 '14, 7:55 p.m.
Repotools works on the repository, not the project. SCM command works on source control, not the project. You may try to use RTC REST API if you think about coding. Something similar to this.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/118838/how-can-i-get-the-list-of-users-in-a-project-area-using-oslc-in-rtc
I have not tried to PUT or POST against these resource URI though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.