It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make RTC plugin Project Specific?

Surender Biyyala (403548) | asked Nov 24 '14, 2:08 a.m.
retagged Nov 24 '14, 3:37 a.m. by Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044)
 Hi All,

I have Typical scenario where I need to make the RTC plugin Project Specific.

We have two master templates.Where some projects uses the old one and others the latter.
There is a plugin for restricting the hierarchy of the work items and it is different for two templates.

so My question is to know Which template is the Project area using ?

Thanks,
Surender

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 24 '14, 11:54 a.m. | edited Nov 24 '14, 11:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To avoid confusion, you don't want to call the project area that is the process provider a "template", because a Process Template is an RTC artifact from which you initialize a project area (which is very different from the process provider for a project area).

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 24 '14, 3:52 a.m.
As fatr as I am aware, you can not make an extension project specific. However, operational behavior is configured in the context of a project area.

If you have two different behaviors, I see these options:
  1. Have two different plugins with separate names and ID's; configure the ones needed in the specific project areas
  2. Have one plugin and use the XML to configure the behavior in the respective project area as needed

You could try to figure out the project area for the item the plugin triggers in the extension itself. However, I would not suggest to do that.

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Nov 24 '14, 4:35 a.m.

I Agree with your suggestion but following is the concern we have

This will duplicate the things as we are going to have two plugins for same functionality, agreed there is a change in the hierarchy we follow but the code will almost the same.

The following is what I`m thinking of,
As my changes depends on the template i use, so I will get the Parent Project area and based on the I will write my logic to check the hierarchy.

need one help form you side, is it documented some where on how to get the Parent Project area name ?

Thanks
Surender

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 24 '14, 4:46 a.m.

From my perspective this is the worst design I can think of, because you need to code the implementation specific name into the plugin code.

The API to get the project area that shares its process with the current projectArea is: ((ProjectArea) thisProjectArea).getProcessProvider();

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.