It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot import ready to use reports in Jazz Reporting Services

Subba Raju Datla (5147) | asked Nov 21 '14, 10:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 21 '14, 11:29 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
Setup:  CLM 5.0.2 M2/Tomcat/Derby on Windows 7
I installed JRS on its own Tomcat server. I was able to successfully register JRS in the CLM setup page and am able to open the JRS UI and create new reports, create a new SQL Server data source, export to excel...etc. However when I select the Import ready-to-use reports option, only two reports. Iteration Health - Completed.work items and Iteration Health -Remaining work items. I looked in the log and see this error

2014-11-21 10:09:34,550 [        http-bio-12443-exec-13] ERROR tegration.reporting.ui.services.Setup$UIImporter$1  - Some sub-report reference cannot be resolved in import
2014-11-21 10:09:34,550 [         http-bio-12443-exec-2] ERROR tegration.reporting.ui.services.Setup$UIImporter$1  - Import file Test Execution per Requirement.ttl
com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.common.exceptions.ModelHandleException: CRRGW5101E The URL for Jazz Reporting Service was not found. Run Jazz Team Server setup first to register the Jazz Reporting Service application. If it is not running on a Jazz Team Server instance, configure the application properly and restart the server.

Do I have to move the JRS war file into the CLM installation folders (as described in the JRS help) so that there is one single Tomcat server for both CLM and JRS?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Cornell (5411) | answered Dec 01 '14, 1:42 p.m.
If you are using the Derby database for the warehouse, there are currently no customized OOTB reports. JRS has customized reports for DB2, Oracle and SQL Server databases but not for Derby.  Derby is too restrictive and is primarily for demos. If the warehouse uses Derby, JRS attempts to import the DB2 set of OOTB reports but most of the reports use the SQL CONCAT function, which Derby does not support.
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Subba Raju Datla commented Dec 01 '14, 6:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you for the clarification

2 other answers

permanent link
Subba Raju Datla (5147) | answered Nov 26 '14, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Can anyone please help me with this issue/

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Apr 29 '15, 5:15 p.m.

Raju, Are you using one of the milestone versions downloaded from here: https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-reporting-service? I ask because I too got this problem where not all of the OOTB reports imported just some and had the same error in the rs.log though I know the JRS is registered and a friend.  So I'm wondering if that's the cause.  I believe the GA versions are packaged within RRDI or Insight.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Dec 01 '14, 3:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Regarding the question how to move the JRS in to the same application server as the rest of CLM, I went through that configuration in this video.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.