It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to extend an enumeration inside an editor presentation?

Michael Gneiting (611) | asked Nov 21 '14, 8:53 a.m.
Hello,

In the editor presentation I'd like to see a combination of a string and an enumeration for a presentation. In a certain case the processor of an work item, should be able choose items from the enumeration or type in own items. Sort of a combination of string and enumeration. Is that possible in RTC?

Regards,
Michael

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Nov 21 '14, 10:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 21 '14, 10:13 a.m.
HI Michael,

I am not quite sure if I understand your requirement completely, but here are my two cents...

if its about being able to add new literals to an enumeration, you may want to define your enumeration to be stored in the database... an enumeration defined that way allows addition of literals through the work item directly...

Here is the help link that has more details :

Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution 4.0.0>Managing change and releases>Tracking work by using work items>Working in the Eclipse client>Customizing work items>  Defining enumerations

Note: When you define a new enumeration, you can store it in the process specification or the database. If you store the enumeration in the database, you can add new values to the enumeration directly from the work item editor, even if you do not have permissions to modify the process specification. You still require permissions to add new values.

hope this helps..

If this is not what you were looking for, kindly expand on your actual requirement.. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.