It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I debug a load error with the scm command line tool?

Mark Bluemel (1612) | asked Nov 20 '14, 7:06 a.m.
I'm running
Build Id: RTC-I20131025-2055
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client, version 3.2.0.v20131024_0535
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.tools, version 3.1.500.v20131010_0815
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core, version 3.2.0.v20131023_0208
com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure, version 3.1.500.v20131011_0922

I've created a workspace from a snapshots (scm create workspace) and added components from other snapshots and streams (scm add component).

When I try to load the workspace, using a local loadrules file I get the messages below:-

Problem running 'load':
Exception during load
There were 3 errors.  After correcting the problems, it is recommended that components be reloaded.  The reload will be incremental, loading only the missing items.  You can further reduce the reload time by reloading just the projects out of sync.
An error has occurred. Kindly check the log for more details.

Where is the log which I should check? Is there any way of enabling more detailed diagnostics?

One answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Nov 20 '14, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can display exceptions by modifying the dump.exception property in ~/.jazz-scm/preferences.properties to true. That will display any internal exceptions that were generated and may help you refine google queries to find the nature of the problem. You can also post the exceptions here to get more help.

You can check the error/exit code returned by the executable and compare it against the documented list.

I believe that you can find logs in ~/.jazz-scm/logs.

Please post here if you don't find a solution to your load problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.