It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you deliver if a user checks into their workspace on the server and is no longer in the organization?

Keith Murray (1511217) | asked Nov 18 '14, 10:18 a.m.

As per the summary:

A user checks in some code from their local workspace - and the latest code is in their workspace on the server, but not delivered to the integration stream. Now the user leaves the organization without delivering their code. is there a way as an RTC admin to force deliver this code to an integration stream? Or get at it in some other way? We run an automated build

Accepted answer

permanent link
Madhu Prabhu (981114) | answered Nov 18 '14, 11:28 a.m.

I assume you are using either Eclipse, VS or Rational Team Concert Client interface - if so once you connect to the Jazz Repository, select My Repository Workspaces, right click and select Search for Repository Workspaces. In the window that comes up in the Owned by field browse and pick the user. The user may have more than one workspace - pick the relevant one and right click/open. In the window with the details - there is a Owned by field - browse to change the ownership to your name or whoever is the admin, check the components/flow target and save. Now this repository workspace will show up under your list and you can then deliver the code from the pending changes view to the integration stream. If you need clarification on any of this i will be glad to elaborate........

Keith Murray selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Keith Murray commented Nov 18 '14, 12:07 p.m.

Thanks again Madhu

One other answer

permanent link
Madhu Prabhu (981114) | answered Nov 18 '14, 10:24 a.m.
As RTC Admin you can search for the repository workspace of the user who is no longer with the organization, open and change ownership/take control of that workspace. Next from your pending changes view you can deliver the code to the integration stream after you check the flowtarget is pointing to the integration stream.

Comments
Keith Murray commented Nov 18 '14, 11:07 a.m. | edited Nov 18 '14, 11:08 a.m.

Thanks Madhu - we are new at this game. I've done some searching on the web... How can an RTC admin search for the repository workspace of the user who is no longer with the organization, open and change ownership/take control of that workspace?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.