It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting Error while migrating existing RTC databases for RAM 7521

anoop mc (74811188221) | asked Nov 18 '14, 8:01 a.m.
edited Nov 18 '14, 8:04 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
 Hi,

We are having issues with RAM while upgrading to version 7521 from 7511.

Below are the steps which we have performed:
1. Upgraded the DB2 EE 9.7 to 10.1 on the server.
2. Updated the existing Databases (RAMDB and RTCDB) used with RAM 7.5.1.1 to sync with DB2 10.1
3. Tested the connection to DB2 10.1 databases from the RAM 7.5.1.1 instance. (RAM could recognize the DB2       version)
4. Uninstalled the existing WAS 7.0.0.33.
5. Re-installed WAS 8.5 on the server.
6. Uninstalled existing RAM 7.5.1.1.
7. Installed RAM 7.5.2.1.
8. Running the RAM Setup hooking to the new DB
9. Encountered issue while migrating existing RTC database. 

rtcdb_migrate

Comments
anoop mc commented Nov 18 '14, 8:07 a.m.

Verifying the logs in ramccm.log file I see the below information

2014-11-17 08:50:42,902 [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 978)]  INFO nternal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration  - CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:/E:/Program%20Files/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/USTR-ERL-3849Node01Cell/RTC/server1/v401/jazz/server/conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties".

My question is do we need to edit the teamserver.properties file present in RTV V4 ?

9 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Dec 04 '14, 10:38 a.m.
Hi All,

We have sorted the issue by following the below order of installation and configuration.

1. Upgraded the DB2 EE 9.7 to 10.1 on the server.
2. Updated the existing Databases (RAMDB and RTCDB) used with RAM 7.5.1.1 to sync with DB2 10.1
3. Tested the connection to DB2 10.1 databases from the RAM 7.5.1.1 instance. (RAM could recognize the DB2       version)
4. Uninstalled the existing WAS 7.0.0.33.
5. Re-installed WAS 8.5 on the server.
6. Installed RAM 7.5.1.1
7. Configured RAM 7.5.1.1   (this step was missing earlier) without configuring we upgraded directly.
8. Updated to RAM 7.5.2.1
9. Migrated RTC DB from 2.x to 3.x then to 4.x (Note: This was the road block hit during Migration )
10. Once done configured LDAP.
11. Performed a DB2 Migration which included WAS configuration.
12. Performed a Forced Synchronization of RAM Indexes.

During LifeCycle Project Configuration if you face any issue please follow the technote
Technote: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21644301

Also for the migration Error: DSRA9110E: ResultSet is closed we followed the steps on the link mentioned below:

permanent link
Ary Zhang (2324) | answered Nov 24 '14, 7:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

If you want to manually migrate, this is a details instructions... Please follow it as below.

1. In order to migrate RTC from 2.X to 4. We are going to need the RTC 3.X and RTC 4.X zip
The default locations for the files are <Rational_Asset_Manager_install_directory>/ram/apps/was
2. These instructions assume that RTC 2002 is extracted at
C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile1/config/cells/etkCell/RTC/server1/v2002iFix6
3. If you are not using Server Setup extract RTC-Server_3013.zip
to C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile1/config/cells/etkCell/RTC/server1/v3013 otherwise verify that server setup has extracted the files there
4. If you are not using Server Setup extract RTC-Server_40RC3.zip
to C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile1/config/cells/etkCell/RTC/server1/v40RC3 otherwise verify that server setup has extracted the files there

5.RTC 3.0/4.0 needs 2 databases to run. The CCM (which will be our RTC database from RTC 2.x) and the JTS database.
Since you are migrating from 2.0, you already have a RTC database.
If you are not using Server Setup go ahead and create the JTS database, if not verify that a database has been created
Consult CLM documentation create the JTS database for Oracle, possibly just need to add a schema 
  like jtsschema

6. Open a command window and go to the C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile1/config/cells/etkCell/RTC/server1/v3013/jazz/server directory. Type the following commands
   a)set RTC2=C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile1/config/cells/etkCell/RTC/server1/v2002iFix6/jazz/server
   b)set RTC3=C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile1/config/cells/etkCell/RTC/server1/v3013/jazz/server
   c)set RTC4=C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile1/config/cells/etkCell/RTC/server1/v40RC3/jazz/server
7. Copy the ramjazz or jazz folder at %RTC2%/conf
to ramccm
8.Edit the file %RTC2%/conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties
 a)Add/edit the following properties
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor=ORACLE
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.type=JDBC
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=thin\:rtcschema/{password}@databaseServer\:1521\:SID
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.password=rtcschema

where rtcschema is the schema user of your RTC database in RTC 2.x

b)Enter the URL of your RTC server in RTC3/4, and RTC 3/4 does not support changing the URL once the databases have been migrated
   therefore great care must be taken to ensure that this is the right URL of RTC. Add the following property
   com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url=https\://server\:port/ramccm
   com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.automatic.setup=false

c)Delete the property, if it exists
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.j2ee.dataSource=jdbc/RTC_Con
 d)Save and close the file

9. Run the following commands to migrate the RTC/CCM database
   a)Set the environment variable JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES as shown below
   set JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES=%RTC3%/conf/ramccm/provision_profiles
   b)Run the following command to migrate your 2.0 teamserver.properties to the 3.0 directory:
   repotools-ramccm.bat -migration_ccm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome="%RTC2%/conf" newApplicationHome="%RTC3%/conf" applicationContextRoot=ramccm  jtsContextRoot=ramjts updateTomcatFiles=no ignoreJTSVersionCheck
   c)Creat a directory called 'oracle' and copy the ojdbc14.jar to %RTC3%\oracle directory, this jar is in a similar location in the RTC 20 directory, if not download it from the internet. its important that you do not rename other jars like ojdbc5.jar/ojdbc6.jar to ojdbc14.jar, they are compiled differently and may not work.
      mkdir oracle
	  copy "%RTC2%/oracle/ojdbc14.jar" oracle
   d)Run the following command to add tables to the database:
   repotools-ramccm.bat -addTables teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties noPrompt
   e)Run the following command to export user information from the Rational Team Concert database:
   repotools-ramccm.bat -migration_exportJTSData toFile=jtsData.tar teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties overwrite=yes

10.Edit the file %RTC3%/conf/ramjts/teamserver.properties
*Note some of these properties might already be there in the file, if present remove the duplicates
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.type=JDBC
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor=ORACLE
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=thin\:jtsschema/{password}@databaseServer\:1521\:SID
   com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.password=jtsschema

where jtsschema is the schema user for the JTS database that we created earlier.

b)Enter the URL of your JTS server in RTC3/4, and RTC 3/4 does not support changing the URL once the databases have been migrated
   therefore great care must be taken to ensure that this is the right URL of RTC. Add the following property if this does not already exist
*Note some of these properties might already be there in the file, if present remove the duplicates

com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url=https\://server\:port/ramjts

c)Save and close the file

set JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES=%RTC3%/conf/ramjts/provision_profiles
   b)Run the following command to import user information into the Jazz Team Server database:
   repotools-ramjts.bat -migration_importJTSData fromFile=jtsData.tar teamserver.properties=conf/ramjts/teamserver.properties createMappingFile=rtc-mapping.txt createTables overwrite=yes noPrompt
   c)Set the environment variable JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES as shown below
   set JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES=%RTC3%/conf/ramccm/provision_profiles
   d)Run the following command to import Jazz Team Server user information into the Rational Team Concert database:
	repotools-ramccm.bat -migration_importUserMapping fromMappingFile=rtc-mapping.txt teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties
   e)Run the following command to rebuild text indexes:
    repotools-ramccm.bat -rebuildTextIndices teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties
   f)Run the following command to rebuild Lucene and RDF indexes:
    repotools-ramccm.bat -reindex teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties

12. You have migrated RTC 2.0 to CLM 3.0 (RTC3.0)

13. Now we need to migrate CLM 3.0 to CLM 4.0
14. Copy your application configuration files from 3.X to 4.X, overwrite when prompted
   In the command window go to the %RTC4% directory. Type the following commands
   a)copy "%RTC3%/conf/ramjts/teamserver.properties" conf/ramjts
   b)copy "%RTC3%/conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties conf/ramccm
   In windows, copy the files through windows explorer
   c)Create a directory called 'oracle' and copy the ojdbc6.jar to %RTC4%\oracle directory, this jar is in a oracle install dir, if not download it from the internet. its important that you do not rename other jars like ojdbc14.jar/ojdbc5.jar to ojdbc6.jar, they are compiled differently and may not work.
   mkdir oracle
   copy oracle\ojdbc6.jar

15.Edit the file %RTC4%/conf/ramjts/teamserver.properties
   com.ibm.team.repository.setup.completed.setup=true
 b)Save and close the file

16. Migrate your JTS  and RTC/CCM databases from 3.0 to 4.0 by adding tables to the database.
   set JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES=%RTC4%/conf/ramjts/provision_profiles
   b)Run the following command to migrate the JTS database:
   repotools-ramjts.bat -addTables teamserver.properties=conf/ramjts/teamserver.properties noPrompt
   c)Set the environment variable JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES as shown below
   set JAZZ_PROVISION_PROFILES=%RTC4%/conf/ramccm/provision_profiles
   b)Run the following command to migrate the RTC/CCM database:
   repotools-ramccm.bat -addTables teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties noPrompt
17. You have successfully migrated your databases from 3.0 to 4.0.
18. If you are using the Server setup, click on Test Migration to verify whether the databases have been migrated.

Comments
Ary Zhang commented Nov 24 '14, 8:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. Please ignore 18th step, there is no test migration button.
  2. Please note : if you want to re-migrate, please restore the database. Each migration failure would pollute the database, so everything has to start over.
    Thanks a lot.

Ary Zhang commented Nov 24 '14, 8:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

One thing I concerned is that RTC 401 does not support db2 10.1. Why RAM said 7521 support RTC 401 is because we test it on db2 10.1 with RTC 401 , it works and has no problem. But I think we missed testing migration on 10.1...
Is there any RTC guy could answer, is the error "CRJAZ2464E You cannot directly migrate to this release because your database is from an older, unsupported release." due to RTC 401 can not support db2 10.1?
Thanks a lot.

anoop mc commented Nov 24 '14, 8:58 p.m.

Hi Ary,

If that is the case the ramjts worked fine with out any issues.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Nov 24 '14, 9:52 a.m.
 Since, using the server setup wizard I could not proceed further I have decided to run the commands manually as per the instructions present on the window.

For RTC 3.X I ran the below command and it ended with the below line in log file.

repotools-ramccm.bat -rebuildTextIndices teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties

2014-11-24 05:49:55,974 CRJAZ8240W: Index Directory not found or not existing (E:\Program Files\IBMWebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\USTR-ERL-3858Node01Cell\RTC\v3013\jazz\server\"E:\Program Files\IBMWebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\USTR-ERL-3858Node01Cell\RTC"\fulltext_index)
2014-11-24 05:49:55,974 Rebuilding "Fulltext" indices...
2014-11-24 05:49:55,974 Rebuilding indices for Fulltext took 0 ms.

Ignored this message then proceed with RTC 4.X 

repotools-ramjts.bat -addTables teamserver.properties=conf/ramjts/teamserver.properties noPrompt   - Which ran successfuly and output says

Database tables were added successfully.

Similarily for 

Getting the below error message.

2014-11-24 06:21:45,532 CRJAZ2464E You cannot directly migrate to this release because your database is from an older, unsupported release. For more details, open the help and search for CRJAZ2464E.
2014-11-24 06:21:45,532 CRJAZ2464E You cannot directly migrate to this release because your database is from an older, unsupported release. For more details, open the help and search for CRJAZ2464E.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ2464E You cannot directly migrate to this release because your database is from an older, unsupported release. For more details, open the help and search for CRJAZ2464E.

Any suggestions here. Now I am not sure how to proceed further.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Nov 24 '14, 5:02 a.m.
I ran the below command manually and got the below error.

Run the following command to rebuild text indexes:

Running pre-rebuild index for "Fulltext"...
        CRJAZ8240W: Index Directory not found or not existing (E:\Program Files\IBMWebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\USTR-ERL-3858Node01Cell\RTC\v3013\jazz\server\"E:Program FilesIBMWebSphereAppServerprofilesAppSrv01configcellsUSTR-ERL-3858Node01CellRTC"\fulltext_index)
Rebuilding "Fulltext" indices...

Here I am doubting if we have to copy some Index folder along with DB backup copied from the older RAM Server. 

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Nov 24 '14, 4:43 a.m.
  Hi Ary,

Not sure how to go about from the step above as ,via the GUI interface we cannot proceed.

Do you recommend running the steps manually ignoring the one which gave error.

If I understand the issue lies at the point where we try to run the command to import Jazz Team Server user information into the Rational Team Concert database:

d)Run the following command to import Jazz Team Server user information into the Rational Team Concert database:
    repotools-ramccm.bat -migration_importUserMapping fromMappingFile=rtc-mapping.txt teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties

e)Run the following command to rebuild text indexes:

f)Run the following command to rebuild Lucene and RDF indexes:
    repotools-ramccm.bat -reindex teamserver.properties=conf/ramccm/teamserver.properties

permanent link
Ary Zhang (2324) | answered Nov 23 '14, 8:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

You could safely ignore this error... I am familliar with this error and always ignore it. I think you are approaching success..

Thanks a lot.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Nov 22 '14, 9:26 a.m.
 I could resolve this error by reinstalling RAM 7.5.1.1 on top of WAS 8.0 and then doing an update of RAM to 7.5.2.1.

Also by changing the RTC 2.X and 3.X path to  

RTC  3.X = E:/Program Files/IBMWebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/USTR-ERL-3858Node01Cell/RTC/v3013/jazz/server

RTC 2.X= E:/Program Files/IBMWebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/USTR-ERL-3858Node01Cell/RTC/v2002iFix6/jazz/server

Now it gives a different error 
dbmigratev2

An in the log file I could see the DB Connection was successful but there seem to be a version mismatch error.

Another thing which I noticed is the fulltextindex error which says it should point to a absolute directory. I have verified the RTC 3.X teamserver.properties file and have updated the index file location to a directory on the drive  - (E:\RAM\<folder> ) still the same error.

Message from the log file go as below.

Driver Architecture
  Jdbc Driver Version: 3.57.82
2014-11-21 10:35:24,277 CRJAZ8192I: Fulltext Index Location: E:\Program Files\IBMWebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\USTR-ERL-3858Node01Cell\RTC\v3013\jazz\server\conf\ccm\indices\workitemindex\fulltext_index
2014-11-21 10:35:24,277 CRJAZ8190I: The fulltext index should point to an absolute directory but is currently set to 'conf/ccm/indices/workitemindex'
2014-11-21 10:35:28,884 CRJAZ1042I The component has a server version mismatch between the installed code and the database.
Package URI == com.ibm.team.build
Installed Version == 11
Database Version == 8
2014-11-21 10:35:28,884 CRJAZ1042I The component has a server version mismatch between the installed code and the database.
Package URI == com.ibm.team.workitem
Installed Version == 16
Database Version == 11
Package URI == com.ibm.team.repository
Installed Version == 24
Database Version == 15
Package URI == com.ibm.team.apt
Installed Version == 8
Database Version == 7 

Comments
anoop mc commented Nov 22 '14, 9:31 a.m.

Hint:

What we are trying to do is - DB2 database backup for (UISRAMDB and RTCDB) has been taken from DB2 V 9.5 and restored on the current QA instance - DB2 10.1. After that created a new DB by name JTSDB in 10.1.

While running the RAM 7.5.2.1 setup we pointed to these database and during Migrate option ended up with the above error.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Nov 20 '14, 2:09 a.m.
 Hi Ary,

We have tried manually invoking the steps for migrating the db from 2.X to 3.X as per the instruction.
Still it failed when executed the command.

repotools-ramccm.bat -migration_ccm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome="RTC 2.X" newApplicationHome="RTC3.X"applicationContextRoot=ramccm jtsContextRoot=ramjts updateTomcatFiles=no ignoreJTSVersionCheck 

Referrinfg to a technote - http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21634240 also gave me the same result.

In the log file I found the below line where it throws unexpected error.

2014-11-19 14:50:12,046 The bundle com.ibm.team.reports.jfs.configuration.nl1 is UNINSTALLED.

2014-11-19 14:50:12,062 java.util.zip.ZipException: Bad file descriptor E:\PROGRA~1\IBM\WEBSPH~1\APPSER~1\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\USTR-E~1\RTC\server1\v3013\jazz\server\conf\ramccm\sites\nl2-rtc-commons-update-site\features\com.ibm.team.rtc.update.site.content.rtc.feature.nls2_3.0.1.v20120326_2222.jar

permanent link
Ary Zhang (2324) | answered Nov 19 '14, 3:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could go to the folder to see the teamserver.properties content to see if the db type, db url, db user, db passwords are all correct.

This issue is thrown by RTC repotools. Maybe some RTC guy would give you answer..

Thanks .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.