It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the format of the "Commit URI Format:" field when registering a git repository with RTC?

Michael Ricketts (3324) | asked Nov 17 '14, 11:25 a.m.
Hi

We have RTC 5.0.1 installed, and are trying to use git for source control.  I've successfully registered our git (actually, gitlab) server with RTC, and things are generally working.  Git commits are correctly associated with workitems, but the links displayed in RTC don't work.  I think this is because the "Commit URI Format:" field on the git repository settings in RTC is not set, but I can't figure out what it needs to be.

The correct URL is something like https://<server>/commit/1faf0f7592b035a3fcf799925893e70c30a386a1

Any ideas what I need to put in the Commit URI Format field to get RTC to correctly find the commits?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kiran M N (3262) | answered Nov 18 '14, 1:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can put the following:
$repo/commit/$sha1

where in $repo is replaced by the Git Repository URL as mentioned while registering
and, $sha1 is replaced by the commit hash id

Michael Ricketts selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Ricketts commented Nov 18 '14, 10:05 a.m.

Perfect, thank you!
Are there any other $xxx variables that get expanded (just for interest)?

Kiran M N commented Nov 19 '14, 1:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Nope, just these two for now! 

Vince Thyng commented Apr 21 '15, 12:36 a.m.

Is this documented anywhere?  I have looked through the 5.0 through 6.0 docs trying to find this info.

One other answer

permanent link
Adel Salah (1114) | answered Sep 01 '15, 7:55 a.m.

Hello,

I am doing a Git-RTC integration and everything is looking fine but when I click on the Link created on the RTC -> WorkItem -> Change Sets (Remote) -> Link -> Comments with WorkItem xxx

I got following error:

Error occured when fetching commit summary for commit id  xxxxxxxxxxxxx12345xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and no change set is displayed.

Could you plz. support?

thx

Adel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.