It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JBE build fails intermittently to load files

Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | asked Nov 13 '14, 4:39 a.m.
retagged Nov 13 '14, 9:21 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
Jazz Build Engine (JBE) fails intermittently to load (fetch) files with the following errors. WHY?

2014-11-10 13:20:34 [Jazz build engine] running on host: host1
2014-11-10 13:20:35 [Jazz build engine] Accepting changes into workspace "030_XXXX-YYYY-Develop-Build-Workspace"
2014-11-10 13:20:37 [Jazz build engine] Fetching files to fetch destination "C:\Jenkins\workspace\030_XXXX-YYYY-Develop-Build" ...
com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility$3: Status ERROR:
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 There were errors during download. 
It is recommended that components be reloaded. The reload will be incremental, loading only the missing items. You can further reduce the reload time by reloading just the projects out of sync.
null children=[Status ERROR: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0
Failed to download /Software/Application/Aaaa/bbbb_cccc_cache.c
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.HostUnknownException:
CRJAZ1368E The URL
https://<XXX.com:443/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.scm.common.IVersionedContentService/content/com.ibm.team.filesystem/FileItem/_NYZRgTjHEeSvOspOrqqYOQ/_WPoGLmP3EeSjnYrzLxb7kQ/jQiPWXkkNlV3G-vHgXTE2CYcCjVubosPpdmFgweWdSY
cannot be reached. The network stated the URL is invalid.
Error Detail: java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException。
Contains : 676 .....

host A (JBE 4.0.4, Windows 7, connect to RTC4.0.4/RHEL5.7 server with VPN)            <--- Having this issue
host B (JBE 4.0.4, RHEL6.4   , connect to RTC4.0.4/RHEL5.7 server without VPN)       <--- FINE

The issue happens intermittently since Sep-08 and gets more often on host (, which was deployed on July).
It happens on all of 3 streams on host A only. The number of files each steams are increasing, and currently 600-900 files each. The only different I can see is with/without VPN connection between server host and build host.

2 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Nov 24 '14, 1:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 24 '14, 1:14 p.m.
The exceptions mentioned in your question suggest that there are intermittent network issues. A java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException is thrown when addresses can't be resolved. Since the problem only manifests when running with the VPN, can you verify your VPN configuration?

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Nov 24 '14, 8:28 p.m.

So far, the hosts in the local build machine didn't resolve. I'm waiting for the customer to re-load the components.

I wonder how to check VPN configuration?.... 

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 13 '14, 7:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Taki, please file a defect report for this against Build or Source Control including the full stack trace from the build log. This one looks pretty odd, as if the repository URL got corrupted with XML info for the SCM file fetch request.

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Nov 13 '14, 3:39 p.m. | edited Nov 13 '14, 3:43 p.m.

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for your reply. I will proceed to raise an internal escalation to investigate as a possible defect.

I just wonder.... 
How do you see "the repository URL got corrupted with XML"? which part of the URL looks corrupted?
Do you think the latency of VPN network might cause this issue?

Nick Edgar commented Nov 24 '14, 11:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Taki, in your original post it shows the URL combined with some XML elements. It could just be a copy/paste issue, or the forum software mis-handling angle brackets.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.