It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't export in RQM the RTC report "Open vs Closed Work Items" to csv

Bernd Kapahnke (644) | asked Nov 12 '14, 5:46 p.m.
Can't export in RQM the RTC report "Open vs Closed Work Items" to csv.

I added a RTC widget "Open vs Closed Work Items" to my RQM Dashboard, I open the report in a new tab and use the export but. Selecting the format "Excel", getting the window Opening Reports.xls.   and select Microsoft Excel.
The Microsoft Excel 213 app is starting and I getting a window with the information:
The file format and extension of "Report_15.xls" don't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unless you trust the source don't open it. Do you want to open it anyway?
I open the file and just see some meta date in the spreadsheet but not the data...

Any idea why  don't get all the data exported and a tip how to get it working?
Thx

One answer

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Nov 13 '14, 4:01 p.m.
Hi Bernd - You might be running into this known defect - APAR PI09154. Also, could you export the data in Word or PDF format? Which version of QM are you running?

Comments
Bernd Kapahnke commented Nov 13 '14, 4:54 p.m.

Hi William,
I face the same issue with exporting to word, exporting to pdf is exporting the chart without the data. We are using version 4.0.2 RQM and RTC . The update to version 5.0 is delayed for some weeks.

thanks for your reply and providing the link. I see a different error message. My observation is that MS Office 2013 is providing the error message listed above, using Open Office is not showing a error message but the export is failing too.
Bernd

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.