It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a RAM Eclipse client for RSA 9.1.1 (Eclipse 4.2.2)

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Nov 12 '14, 4:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all

I am looking for the Eclipse client for RAM 7.5.2.1 that will work with Rational Software Architect v9.1.1. I have downloaded the standalone IM repository for the client from the RAM 7.5.2.1 and install it via IM - but it will not work with RSA 9.1.1

I did see an installation option on RSA to include the RAM client - but this does not appear to work (I don't get any relevant views, etc on RSA)

Any suggestions?

many thanks

anthony

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Nov 13 '14, 5:04 a.m.

Hi Anthony,

The RAM feature you see in the installation of IBM Rational Software Architect is just for the integration. It does not install the RAM client itself.
To use this feature, you need to install the RAM client.
To do so, Lin Lu is is right, the eclipse install mechanism is the best approach.

Regards,
François

Anthony Kesterton commented Nov 13 '14, 5:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Francois - that makes sense (the RSA installation option enables the integration to RAM, but you need the RAM client to actual use the integration).

Unfortunately, we don't actually have RAM available at the customer site, so installing via the URL ( http://<ram.servername>:9080/ram/RCPUpdateSite/) is not an option at the moment. 

I am also still not sure that the RAM client from the current version of RAM (7.5.2.1) will work with RSA 9.1.1 (this version of RSA is based on Eclipse 4.2.2). 

anthony

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Nov 13 '14, 8:01 a.m.
Hi Anthony,
I have made a quick test and the RAM 7.5.2.1 client installed on my RSA 9.1.1 installation using the eclipse mechanism.
Afterwards, I was able to connect to the server.

If you open a PMR we may be able to workout something to get you the RAM client update site.
Regards,
François
Anthony Kesterton selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Lin Lu (3063) | answered Nov 12 '14, 7:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I think maybe you would like to try downloading RAM eclipse client via eclipse software site, copy the update site url from RAM webclient's extension page and paste it to eclipse "help"->"install new software"

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Nov 13 '14, 5:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Lin.  We don't have access to a RAM server at the moment to try this (or at least no access to a 7.5.2.1 RAM instance). 

Is there another way to get the update site?

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.