It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I use Manage Project Properties?

Andrew Hazzard (133) | asked Nov 12 '14, 10:46 a.m.
I have a question about "Manage Project Properties" under RQM.

I have a user who has created a type called "Installed Software" in "Lab Resource and Channel Properties" and underneath that are items such as Application, Browser, Database etc.

When the user enters "Test Plan Environment Types" and selects the drop down on "Installed Software" in the Types column the "Set Type" option is greyed out.  If he selects "Installed Software" a new column appears listing Application, Browser, Database etc.  If he selects the drop down on Broswers then the "Set Type" option is available.  If he selects Browsers, and then tries the drop down for Netscape in the new column then the "Set Type" option is again greyed out.  What is it that causes this option to be available?

I have tried to follow the documentation here ...

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.3/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_cust_tp_env_types2.html

... but it is unclear.  It talk about making something a type by adding an entry against "Machine".  There are entries such as ...

Operating System    Multiple Values Type    Operating System

... but if I try to create an entry for Netscape and select "Multiple Values Type" then I'm presented with a multiple choice list which doesn't contain Netscape so I can't create the entry.

Advice would be appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Andrew Hazzard (133) | answered Dec 29 '14, 5:56 a.m.
Nobody have any suggestions?

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Nov 13 '14, 11:12 a.m.
Hi Andrew - Which version of browser and QM are you running? Please try to use one of these supported browsers if you are still running QM v4.0.3. Hope this helps!

Comments
Andrew Hazzard commented Nov 18 '14, 5:17 a.m.

I'm using Firefox ESR 31.2.0  which is a supported browser and RQM V4.0.6.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.