It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difference (Architectural) between RRC and RDNG ?

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Nov 12 '14, 2:01 a.m.
 Hi,
I am looking for exact architectural difference between RRC and RDNG before version 5.0 ? as RRC is renamed to RDNG from version 5.0.
Can anyone help me on this and also provide links if possible?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131411) | answered Nov 12 '14, 2:09 a.m.
Hi

I think from 4.0.2 they were exactly the same.  Basically we were marketing them to different groups ( one to systems, and one to IT - but the product was identical).

In the 5.0 stream, we dropped the RRC naming, but DNG is exactly the same as RRC.  Architecturally there was a big change in 5.0, as the RRC app moved out of the JTS, and can be hosted on a separate app server, as all the other CLM apps can, and it requires its own database.

Hope this helps, if not, if you can explain why you need to know, then I can probably give you a better answer

Steve
Deepali Deshmukh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Nov 12 '14, 4:38 a.m. | edited Nov 12 '14, 4:39 a.m.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying!!

I am familiar to DOORS and recently started using DNG 5.0. I have observed DNG have many features of DOORS, while RRC also have same features. so was confused regarding the difference between them.

Should i consider RRC and DNG are same but belong to different groups.

Regards,
Deepali Nigade.  

2 other answers

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131411) | answered Nov 12 '14, 6:01 a.m.
Hi

Technically ther are the same.  From 5.0 we've dropped the RRC name, and it is now just DNG, however they were technically the same for about a year and a bit before that.

So in terms of evaluating, then just look at DNG.

Steve

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 12 '14, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Steve says, prior to V4.0.5, RRC and RDNG used the same server and the same web client, the only difference was that there was a rich client that had a look and feel of DOORS, and the license to this client was provided as part of the DOORS product

This blog might help explain the reasons for making one product name.

https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2014/06/02/rational-requirements-composer-to-be-renamed-rational-doors-next-generation-2/

Now going forward you will start to see new features, like requirements change management,  appearing in future versions RDNG that did not exist in prior versions

https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2014/11/05/manage-configurations-in-and-across-the-clm-tools-in-the-5x-m6-beta/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.