It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem Using Maven Release Pluggin Against JAZZ

Matthew Vermilion (1468) | asked Nov 11 '14, 12:29 p.m.
edited Nov 11 '14, 12:42 p.m.
Here is the command line I am using:

My environment:

apache-maven-3.2.3
  RTC 4.0.6

I run the following against my project:

mvn -X --batch-mode release:prepare -DautoVersionSubmodules=true -DreleaseVersion=3.3.3.4 -DdevelopmentVersion=3.3.3.5-SNAPSHOT -Dtag=Foo-3.3.3.4-Release -DcommitByProject=true >console.txt

The poms are correctly transformed to release poms.

Most times when attempting to commit release poms:
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "scm create changeset --username bob@us.ibm.com --password ***** "[maven-release-plugin] prepare release Foo-3.3.3.4-Release""
[INFO] Working directory: C:\ws\kepler\Foo-SB-Trunk\tenx-build-settings

[DEBUG] Consumed line :Created change set (1103).
[DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: Job found still running after platform shutdown.  Jobs should be canceled by the plugin that scheduled them during shutdown: com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer$1

The tagging and fails every time:
[INFO] Working directory: C:\ws\kepler\Foo-SB-Trunk\tenx-build
[INFO] Tagging release with the label Foo-3.3.3.4-Release...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
blah...
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.1:prepare (default-cli) on project 10x-build: Jazz Url "https://nsjazz.foo.com" is not a valid URL. The Jazz Url syntax is scm:jazz:[username[;password]@]http[s]://server_name[:port]/contextRoot:repositoryWorkspace -> [Help 1]

I can clearly see the url correctly in the release.properties:
scm.url=scm\:jazz\:https\://nsjazz.foo.com\:8051/ccm\:Foo%20Sandbox

I played with the url a few times to convince myself that it will use that on resume.  Just doesn't seem to parse it correctly.

So, Two Issues:
  Committing
      Aside - The "delete <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap" doesn't work either -probably because I use -DcommitByProject=true and make multiple trips to the well.
  Tagging

Please help.  I am on my second day with this integration and I feel that at this point I know the release plugin like the back of my hand (which was not a bucket list item for me).

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 11 '14, 4:11 p.m.

Others have reported problems with the maven release plugin with RTC repos

One answer

permanent link
Chris Graham (367814) | answered Nov 12 '14, 7:09 p.m.
Hi Matthew.

I'm the author of the mavn jazz provider.

I do note that you're using a lot of unnecessary (should be specified by the default options, or should be in your pom.xml to start with) options when calling the maven release plugin.

A few questions.

Firstly, what does the <scm> section of your pom.xml look like? It appears that you have a multi module project, so that should only ever be specified in the root pom.xml.

Secondly, why are you using commitByProject? If it is a properly nested project (and it should be), then it should be all fine.

We've had a few other issues with the RTC client, and some regression issues in the command line parameters, but I do not think that they apply to 4.0.6. They were all related to the --dir option that went missing anyway, so that would appear not to apply to you.

My advise it to keep it simple, and specify all that you can in the pom or accept the defaults. The only think that you have to do is to specify -DworkingDirectory for the release:perform, as jazz does not (did not???) support nested sandboxes, so you need to point it elsewhere (outside of the jazz scm workspace).

-Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.