It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

prevent editing precondition does not work...

Vivek Pandey (4321538) | asked Nov 10 '14, 11:19 a.m.
 RTC version being used : V4.0.6.

I have added the pre-condition 'Prevent Editing' for 'Task' in 'Done' status.

So, I expect that I should not be able to make changes to Tasks in Done status.

but I can still update the summary, description and status change for the work-item.

am I missing anything ?

One answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Nov 10 '14, 2:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vivek,

Is the pre-condition added to everyone or only some specific roles? Is it added on the project or a team area under it?

With the 'Prevent Editing' pre-condition, when making some changing to tasks in Done state and click to save the change, the save operation should fail with some explanation. See sample screenshot below:

Comments
Vivek Pandey commented Nov 14 '14, 7:15 a.m.

hi Kot,

Thanks !
Yes, I had done those changes.

However what I further realized is , it works fine when the work-item is 'filed against' 'project area category (root category) itself but when any work-item is filed against any of the other team categories then it does not work. 

Kot T. commented Nov 14 '14, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I ran a quick test by updating a work item that is filed against a category which is associated with a team area of the project (Scrum Team Category). No process customization in the team area. The pre-condition is defined at only at the project level. I got the same 'Save WI failed' message indicating the precondition is in place. Not sure if this is the same use case you mentioned about.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.