It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I configure the automatic subscription in RTC webclient?

Christian Winkler (1321623) | asked Nov 10 '14, 4:57 a.m.
Hello!

If an user comments a workitem, he is automatically set as subscriber.
I know that this can be configured by a user in the eclipse client, but is it also possible in the web client?

Most of the "normal" users use only the web client and will be overstrained with the eclipse.
And I cannot allow every user to login in on my computer to eclispe to switch this feature.

By the way: too many functions (For example setting a team as subscribers) are only available with the eclipse client.
Will this be balanced in future?

Thanks!
Christian

We use CLM 5.0.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 10 '14, 12:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not aware of a way to set the "auto-subscribe creator" preference in the web client.

In general, the "client preference" support in an IDE's (such as Eclipse) is much stronger than in a WebUI, because the WebUI has to play games with persistent cookies.

In general, the goal is to provide the functionality a type of user needs in the client that most users of that type want to use (not to provide equivalent functionality in all clients).

So if there is some particular functionality you are looking for in a particular client, you should feel free to submit an enhancement request for that functionality for that client.

Christian Winkler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments

Christian Winkler commented Mar 31 '15, 8:01 a.m. | edited Apr 05 '15, 11:44 a.m.

Coming back to this old topic...

Turning of the auto-subscription works only in the Eclipse Client, is it right? Turning it of has no influence on what I do in the webUI, right?
Or is it something which is buggy due to some version upgrade on our server?

-> I turned it of in the Eclipse and I am still auto-subscribed when I comment something in the webUI.

Should it be like this? (I am not sure if it was working before.)

Thanks!
Christian

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 05 '15, 11:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The preference you set in Eclipse just is a preference for that Eclipse client installation ... it has no effect on what you do in other clients (such as the WebUI, the Visual Studio UI, or other Eclipse installations). 
If you want this behavior in the WebUI, I'd suggest voting for work item 337454.

One other answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 10 '14, 6:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Christian,
when logged in from the WebUI,
click on your user (top right-hand side of the page) - expand the pull down menu,
and select "View my Profile"
On this page - left-hand side tree - select Mail Configuration

Hope it helps
Eric

Comments
Christian Winkler commented Nov 10 '14, 7:29 a.m.

Hello Eric,

thanks for your quick answer.
This is exactly where I expect such feature, but there is not.
There is:

- Email me when someone subscribes ...
- Based on my relationship ...
- Email me when someone mentions me ...
- Email me for approval...
- Include my own changes to approvals
- Format Email...

In eclipse, I go to Window -> Preferences -> Work Items and deactivate Subscribe automatically when adding a comment.

I can’t find this in the webUI.
Any other idea?
Thanks!

Christian

Eric Jodet commented Nov 10 '14, 7:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Christian,

isn't it the first line:
New Comment added ?

Eric

sam detweiler commented Nov 10 '14, 12:30 p.m.

he wants to disable being auto subscribed to comments when HE posts a comment to a workitem..

I never knew about the ability to turn off subscriptions in the Eclipse client.

as Geoff mentions below, the different UI's are not identical, nor even at par for function.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.