It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I find JazzInstallDir/client/eclipse/links/? It is not there post install.

Wesley Miller (611) | asked Nov 07 '14, 12:06 p.m.
On webpage http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSJJ9R_4.0.5/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_client_zip_installation.html?cp=SSYMRC_4.0.5&lang=en (Installing the Rational Team Concert Eclipse client from a .zip file) the following instructions are given:

On Linux, if you want to start the client from outside of the directory JazzInstallDir /client/eclipse you must change each file in JazzInstallDir /client/eclipse/links/ and include the absolute path to the named directory. By default, relative paths are used. For example, JazzInstallDir /client/eclipse/links/build.link contains the text "path=jazz/build". If your client is installed in the directory /home/username/teamconcert, edit the file to look like "path=/home/username/teamconcert/jazz/client/eclipse/build".
OS is RHEL 6.1 IBM OprnClient.

My JazzInstallDir is $HOME/ibm/rtc/ .  From this dir I used both `unzip`and `7z x` on rtc-client-linux-4.0.5.zip.     The result looks the same either way.  $HOME/ibm/rtc/jazz/client/eclipse.  

I then tried to goto JazzInstallDir /client/eclipse/links   but there is no links directory in eclipse.  Where did it go?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 08 '14, 10:09 a.m.
I think they made a mistake.. there IS A shortcut link in that folder
$HOME/ibm/rtc/jazz/client/eclipse

least there is for my 3.0.1 and 4.0.4 zip installed clients on linux (ubuntu)
the link is complete path tho

Comments
Wesley Miller commented Nov 11 '14, 9:38 a.m.

Not there in mine. 

about_files/     eclipse          icon.xpm         plugins/
about.html       eclipse.ini      jdk/            
artifacts.xml    .eclipseproduct  libcairo-swt.so 
configuration/   features/        p2/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.