It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to manage manual test scripts and test scripts which are automated by an external tool

Markus Farnung (141117) | asked Nov 07 '14, 11:40 a.m.
In our workflow we first develop and execute manual tests for new features of our software. Therefore we define according test cases and manual test scripts. If the new features are stable we start to automate the manual tests with the eclipse based tool Q7. To separate the manual and the already automated I already have seen that you can use a self-defined Category.
My question is: how can I prevent that the already automated tests are listed in a related test suite execution record. Here I only want to see the test cases which are still manual and have to be executed by the tester.

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Nov 11 '14, 6:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure if I understood your question completely. But to view the TestCases that are manual only in Browse-Testcase page, you can save your filter by setting the self-defined Category value to the desired value. Run that filter everytime you want to view manual Testcases only

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.