It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build deployment for small department

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Nov 07 '14, 9:18 a.m.
CLM 4.0.5

Hello, we have a group of 10 developers who work in a dev environment, but are tasked with creating and maintaining a QA and Production environment as well. They currently just use Ant tasks to do builds. Since this is not a large ($) company, tools like BuildForge or UC Deploy are not options...

How do current users migrate builds from DEV->QA->Production? Does it always require just manually moving items?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Nov 10 '14, 7:10 p.m.
 Hi Mahari,
I do not fully understand your requirement about "migrate builds from DEV->QA->Production". Do you mean deliver change set from DEV stream to QA and Production stream after build?

You can have a look the article https://jazz.net/library/article/649 which introduces the "Post-build Deliver" function. 
Hope it's helpful.
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Nov 11 '14, 8:44 a.m.

Hello, delivering to streams seem like an out-of-the-box thing. I am referring to machines.... I built the application, now i want to put that build in a QA environment. After it is tested, I want to put that in to production.

Again, no finances for something like UDeploy.

Lily Wang commented Nov 11 '14, 6:31 p.m.

If you don't have a deploy tool like uDeploy, you may consider to write your own deployment script and add in the post build step in the build definition.

One other answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Nov 11 '14, 6:39 p.m.
 If you don't have a deploy tool like uDeploy, you may consider to write your own deployment script and add in the post build step in the build definition. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.