It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ETL job executions take longer time than expected

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Nov 06 '14, 11:59 a.m.
WE have RQM 4.0.2 configured on AIX with WAS and DB2. Also note that we are using RRDI for RQM.
The ETL jobs used to take 5-6 hours earlier, then it has reached to almost a day and now its running for almost 2 days (1 day 23 hours).

ie; We do not see any failure of the jobs, but the time taken alone is longer than expected.

Any inputs ??

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Nov 06 '14, 1:47 p.m.
How complex is your setup ?  I.e. are JTS/QM/RTC all under one 'roof' or does the JTS have several applications ?  The JTS manages the data warehousing ( unless it's been disabled and externalized ).  For one of the JTS in my conglomeration, the complete dw jobs run into the middle of the day most days.

As I recall 4.0.1 was rather 'piggy' in this regard, we've since upgraded on odd intervals ( 4.0.3, 4.0.5, and now 4.0.7)

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 10 '14, 5:04 a.m.

Thanks Kevin
 We are using RRDI for RQM. and this setup is configured only for RQM/RRC.

Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 10 '14, 9:50 a.m.

We are using RRDI for RQM. and this setup is configured only for RQM/RRC. We have all the JTS, RQM and RRDI on the same server only. They are under the same roof.  However, on reading the logs for db2 instance I see the below

Kevin Ramer commented Nov 10 '14, 10:11 a.m.

That's the db2 admin instance ( dasusr1 ) and a connection refused would, in my experience, prevent something from working altogether, not just make it slower.   Have you watched: aix topas, iostat, vmstat or db2's db2top ?

In topas look for large percentage of Wait time.  iostat will show disk activity ( e.g. iostat 4 to collect and display each 4sec ).   Those measurements will guage the overall performance of your server.    DB2 db2top can show what's currently going on, e.g. Lock wait applications, active tablespaces,tables, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.