It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need to filter untestable use case artifacts from requirements collection view in test plan

Stuart Jewell (16915) | asked Nov 06 '14, 9:00 a.m.
We are using RRC/RQM 4.0.  Our test cases are primarily built off of use cases.  Therefore we use a modified RRM use case template.  When these are linked via "Requirements Collections Links" in the test plan, all artifacts associated with a specific use case are displayed regardless of information provided.  Some are headers, some are information, and certainly not all artifacts require test cases since they are not testable (such as headers, other non-testable use case formatting artifacts and informational support artifacts ).  Is there any way to filter these from the test plan or do simply have to live with "Some requirements will appear as they have no associated test cases" risking the appearance that not everything has been tested properly?

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 06 '14, 10:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like your Use Cases are of Module Artifact Format, containing requirements, headers, information etc.

Now I don't know about V4 but it is possible to associate a module view to a test plan. So that in the Use Case module you have a view and that view is associated to a test plan. The view would exclude all artifact types of heading, information etc.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_calm_link_collection.html?lang=en

Comments
Stuart Jewell commented Nov 06 '14, 10:46 a.m.

I tried the solution you suggested from the link.  However, that just appears to link the use case module to the test plan from the RRC side.  However, the same "Requirements Collection Links" view still shows all use case information regardless of which way the link was created (i.e. from the test plan vs. from RRC).

Robin Bater commented Nov 06 '14, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So if I understand in the Module, there is a view which correctly filters out all the headers and informational artifacts, showing only the remaining artifacts, and that works in the module but when you link the test plan to that view that in RQM you still see everything?

Looking at the help there was this below note. Is the view Shared and used only in that module? If this is the case I am wondering if this only works in V5 as I am referencing V501 help.

Important: If you are linking from a module view, the view type must be Shared and the view must not be used in other modules.

Stuart Jewell commented Nov 07 '14, 10:33 a.m.

Our projects are shared appropriately per the note.  So it sounds like this filtering function is either not working properly in V4 or was not implemented until V5.  Since we are still getting use to the RRC/RQM applcations, we had mistakenly configured all artifacts in the use cases as either a header or information.  We will  correct this on our template to denote what's actually a requirement.  If this is true and the filtering were working correctly, then I should've actually seen nothing after linking (assuming all headers and information artifacts were suppose to be filtered out).  Correct?  We are currently on V4.0.3

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.