It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attribute Not Set message is not been displayed in RTC

chris williams (323) | asked Nov 05 '14, 12:30 a.m.
Can you tell me why the Attribute Not Set message  is not been displayed for a required attribute when you do not select a value for that Attribute any assistance would be very much appreciated?

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 05 '14, 2:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Chris,
I guess we need more information here:
- RTC version
- steps to reproduce the issue (especially, if you're using Web, Eclipse Client, Inline editor)

Thanks,
Eric

Comments
chris williams commented Nov 05 '14, 4:52 p.m.

Hi Eric

This is the extra information you requested. We are using RTC Version 4.0.5. The steps to reproduce the problem are as follows. Go to Eclipse and make the 'Defect Cause' a required attribute for the stus of resolved. Then go to the WebUI for the selected project and raise a defect process the defect until the Defect is resolved where a red astristek is displayed next to the Defect Cause attribute make some changes to the defect and leave the  Defect Cause atrtribute un selected click on Save button but instead of a error message been display attribute not set the defect is saved even thou the mandatory attribute has not been selected. Many thanks chris.

Eric Jodet commented Nov 06 '14, 12:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Chris,

umm - this should work.
Did not find any related defect.
I would invite you to open a PMR,
so we can investigate this issue.

Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.