It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it true that JRS reports do not support Custom Attributes?

Robert Myers (191116) | asked Nov 04 '14, 10:42 a.m.
edited Nov 04 '14, 10:43 a.m.

We are using JRS with RRDI OOTB.  I believe that means we are using the Java ETL. 

1) Do I assume correctly that the Java ETL only Extracts non-custom attributes and therefore JRS may see those Attributes, but it will see no data in those attributes?

2) If we were to create our own ETL which would include custom fields, would JRS display those Attributes and their values from the DWH?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Nov 04 '14, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually, the Java ETLs do collect data from custom attributes (with some exceptions, depending on the type of the attribute), and JRS can create reports with them (as filter conditions, or in the result columns).  For example, if you're using the JKE sample project, and you create a report on the Work Item type, you'll notice attributes like "Complexity (Custom)" and "Business Value (Custom)" - these are custom attributes, and use can use them in your report.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Myers commented Nov 05 '14, 7:39 a.m.

Alanna, can you be more specific regarding your statement
(with some exceptions, depending on the type of the attribute)
What Type of attribute is not supported?

Alanna Zito commented Nov 05 '14, 3:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I double checked, and it turns out that almost all of the simple (e.g., Boolean, String, Enumeration List) and complex (e.g. Contributor, Iteration, Project Area) types are supported.  The one exception is the XXX List types (e..g Project Area List, Contributor List) - these are not stored in the data warehouse.

Naveen Tyagi commented Jan 29 '16, 12:29 a.m.

Hi Alanna,

I have "Contributor" type attribute in work_Item but not able to access in JRS. Can you help me out if i am  missing something or how can i make this attribute available in JRS.

Kenery Wang commented Aug 27 '18, 1:40 a.m.

Hi Naveen,

I got the same issue as yours. Do you know how to make Contributor-type custom attribute in RTC to be available in JRS? Thanks.

2 other answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Nov 04 '14, 1:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert, the data warehouse stores the custom attributes. Those are exposed to RRDI in the Request Area as Request XXXX Extension. The tables expose the custom attributes as key value pairs.

Comments
Robert Myers commented Nov 05 '14, 7:39 a.m.

Rafik, So when I create a report using JRS, does JRS see these Key value pairs as attributes and values and display them in Conditions and Formatted columns the same as other attributes?  If not, how would they appear differently to a JRS report creator?

Ana Lopez-Mancisidor commented Nov 30 '14, 4:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, I did a sample JRS report with JRS 5.0.2 RC1 creating a new enumeration type in RTC for a Work item,i.e, Department (with list values Department1, Department2, Department3) and JRS is able to detect this new attribute as a new column, but if you display the values it does not show "Deparment1", it shows the value id "department.attribute.ibm.com.literal.l1".
Do you know any way to show the value name instead of showing the value id?

Steven Shaw commented Dec 05 '14, 11:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@Ana I think you've identified a problem with the display of multi-valued enumerations.  If you specify the enumeration as single valued, then the enumeration literal will display properly. 

We've have a internal work-item tracking the display problem for multi-valued enumeration literals that will be fixed for the next release.

It would be possible to fix this using the advanced SQL capability, but then the report is only editable using SQL after that point.  So the recommended practice here but would to copy the report (keep the fully generated report around as a reference), put the report into SQL mode, then a fix can be instrumented.  Let me know if you're interested and I can post the SQL fix.

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | answered May 21 '15, 5:41 p.m.
Hello folks,
I have a question regarding how custom RTC attributes are collected by JRS.
I created a custom work item type with the following custom attributes (besides other OOTB attributes):
'Stakeholders' custom attribute, represented by the attribute type of 'contributor'.
'Score' custom attribute, represented by the attribute type of 'enumeration', with a list of values from 1 to 10.
'Product' custom attribute, represented by the attribute type of 'enumeration', with a list of products/solutions provided by us.
The purpose of this WI type would be to capture the 'score' which should be provided by stakeholders on how they think the product/solution we deliver is doing.
Then, a JRS report would calculate the average score for each of the Releases (by using OOTB 'Found In' attribute).

The problem I have is the following:
On the JRS server, I can see the custom WI type within the list of work item types.
However, I cannot see the new three custom attributes associated to that new work item type although I am able to see other custom attributes created quite some time ago for another custom work item types created by us.
Can you please let me know if I am missing something? Maybe an specific job that must be run? Maybe missing configuration from the RTC side?

Additional info about our development environment:
JRS 5.0.2 including DCC component
About the Jazz Reporting Service
Version: 5.0.2
Build ID: JRS_5.0.2-I20141028-2014
CCM & JTS are 5.0.2

Many thanks in advance,
Vicky

Comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.