It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set the Resolution field Read-Only in a certain state

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Nov 04 '14, 7:15 a.m.
 Hello

in the Defect Workflow in the Scrum Process Template you have two states that have resolutions, "resolve" and "verified". But it is also possible, that the resolution is changed during the "set verify" transaction.

I would like to avoid this situation because I see no need, that the "tester" changes the resolution of the "developer". Therefore I would like to set the resolution in the states "resolve" and "verified" to read-only. Only if you really reopen the defect it should be possible to change the resolution.

Unfortunately the Precondition "Read-Only Attributes For Type and State" did not handle the resolution. And also in the presentation of the work item I found no way to set the read only. I could only "hide" the resolution, but the information is important for the tester - therefore I think hiding is not a good solution.

Is there a build-in way that give me the possibility to make the resolution read-only in a certain state? Or is the only way to write a custom precondition?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 04 '14, 7:49 a.m.
far as I know, only a custom pre-condition can keep the user from changing the value.
note that there is no UI operation to actually set read-only.. if the field is editable at any time, then it is always editable (when enabled of course).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.