It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Two "Releases" / "Deliverable" Attributes in One Work Item - Can Only Sort on One of Them

Mike Leipe (346) | asked Nov 03 '14, 10:43 a.m.
Hi,

I've got two custom work items in my system.  Each of these work items contains two attributes of type "Deliverable", i.e. that are populated from the "Releases" options that we've created in our Project Area.

This has been working well, but someone has discovered that when we write a query against one of these work item types, only one of the two attributes of type "Deliverable" shows up as an option for sorting in the query engine.

How do I make both of these attributes available for sorting?

thanks,

Mike

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Nov 11 '14, 1:02 a.m.
 Hi Mike,

You mentioned you have two attributes type with "Deliverable". I guess one of the type is built-in attribute "Found in" and the other is a customized attribute type.
Currently you can add the built-in "Deliverable" attribute to the Sorting column, but the customized "Deliverable" attribute type is not supported.
Please have a look the explanation in this WI:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=195455

Comments
Mike Leipe commented Nov 11 '14, 8:44 a.m.

Thank you for confirming that it is not possible to sort on a second, custom field of type "Deliverable".

This is disappointing.  Defect 195455 states that "Custom attributes of type delivery are not selectable as sortable".  But this is not really the case as far as I can tell, as we are able to sort on "Found In".

The defect also states that "the database has no knowledge of the sort order and therefore it is currently not possible to provide the correct sorting".  How can this be true when it's possible to sort on "Found In"?

Are there plans to change this?

Lily Wang commented Nov 11 '14, 5:50 p.m.

I'm sorry that I could not answer your question as I'm not a Jazz developer. You can put a comment under defect 195455 or submit a new enhancement request in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.