It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to integrate a non-IBM tool(Web UI) to RTC?

Radha Sastrigal (111122) | asked Nov 03 '14, 9:45 a.m.
 Using Jazz version 4.0.6

we have a baselined internal tool(non-IBM, web-based interface) to manage incidents or production problems 
Currently, one needs to manually enter the request from that tool to RTC to carried forward the assignments - ofcourse there's margin for error.

Is it possible to integrate this internal tool with RTC, such that entering new items would initiate a particular work item type?

Thank You!

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 03 '14, 5:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you would just use the OSLC change management API to create the desired work items.
There are a lot of forum posts on this topic, such as: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/63292/how-to-create-work-items-using-oslc

Comments
Radha Sastrigal commented Nov 04 '14, 1:50 p.m.

Thanks Geoffrey!

I did read the related article. To confirm, the OSLC API would allow an HTML based tool to create work items upon certain criteria? OR such integration provides the RTC Work item form for the user to manually enter the details?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 04 '14, 9:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should be able to do either one through OSLC ... i.e. you can create a work item with no interaction with the user, or you can request that a UI be exposed, that allows the user to manually create a work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.