It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I create a user out of LDAP?

Tayane Fernandes (251216) | asked Oct 30 '14, 8:55 a.m.
I need to create a user dedicated to builds. But all the users are in LDAP, because of this the button "Create User" is disabled.

How can I create a user out of LDAP?

One answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Oct 30 '14, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tayane,

When LDAP is enabled, a user and password will be authenticated against the LDAP server. The username and password must exist and are valid in order for the user to log in. So, you will need to add this dedicated build user in LDAP and import the user into CLM.

Comments
Tayane Fernandes commented Nov 03 '14, 8:03 a.m.

Ok. I have done this, but my RTC properties are: ou=Employees,ou=MyCompany,dc=myCompany,dc=net,dc=br

I couldn't create a build user under "Employees" directory. How should I set this property to the RTC sees another directory in addition to "Employees"?

Kot T. commented Nov 03 '14, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In this case, you may need to adjust the 'user base DN' property to point to the parent directory of both Employees and the directory that the 'build' user belongs to. For example, assuming your LDAP directory structure looks like below (where the group that your build user resides is at the same level as the 'Employees' directory):

dc=myCompany,dc=net,dc=br
   | ou=MyCompany
      |
ou=Employees
      | ou=OtherUsers
         |
cn=build_user

In the above case, you can set 'base user DN' to ou=MyCompany,dc=myCompany,dc=net,dc=br, so that user search starts at the 'ou=MyCompany' folder and searches for users in all sub-directories underneath it. Ensure that search sub-tree is true (I believe it's true by default).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.