It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI Reporting - Live Data from RTC/RQM/RRC

VK L (8177154159) | asked Oct 30 '14, 5:38 a.m.
edited Oct 30 '14, 12:16 p.m.
 Hi All,
            Does RRDI support live reporting across all the CLM Applications? Also, is there any performance degrade in using live reporting instead of the normal warehouse one.

Please share some articles/blogs/links on this topic.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Abhinav Mishra (1443039) | answered Nov 18 '14, 3:47 a.m.
edited Nov 18 '14, 3:52 a.m.
Hello VK L,
I think RRDI doesn't support reporting on Live Data of CLM. If you want to report live data from RTC then go for BIRT.

Thanks!

Comments
VK L commented Dec 05 '14, 6:39 a.m.

Thanks Abhinav. But as with report formatting, export-options, and a custom-designed tables,charts,etc Does Birt have advanced facilities to support equivalent to cognos?

From the past, i have seen that some querying capabilities are also not very straight-forward and does it have access to all the exposed data in RIDW?

Abhinav Mishra commented Jan 27 '15, 8:12 a.m. | edited Jan 27 '15, 8:13 a.m.

Hi VK L

Does Birt have advanced facilities to support equivalent to cognos? -- Not Sure    as never got a chance to work on Cognos

Many Thanks

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 30 '14, 12:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a live reporting data model for RQM only, however like you suggested it does put extra load on the server in order to extract the data.  See this topic for details.  I would suggest that if you do use the live model, limit your usage to basic reports that do not pull large amounts of data from the repository.  Let the data warehouse do the heavy lifting by using the data warehouse reporting data model.  Hope it helps,

Comments
VK L commented Nov 12 '14, 4:52 a.m.

Hi Benjamin,

I understand that RQM has an out-of-the-box live reporting model. Is it possible to create a similar live model for RTC say, using Framework manager tool - Are the live RTC/RRC tables exposed for this?
Also, is Live RTC/RRC possible using BIRT or any other reporting tool - Are the direct tables available for data extraction?
Thanks.

Francesco Chiossi commented Nov 14 '14, 7:34 a.m.

Hello VK L,

regarding the other tools that you can use for live reports:
- BIRT is OK but supported for RTC only
- RPE (Rational Publishing Engine) can be an option for all the CLM applications

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Benjamin Silverman commented Nov 17 '14, 3:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry for the delay in getting back.  It would be possible to create a similar model for RTC and RDNG, however the work involved would be quite a bit.  It's not a matter of querying the live RTC/RRC database tables, but rather using the Rational XML JDBC driver that maps REST requests to relational XML, and then developing a Framework Manager data model that queries against those virtual mapping tables to get the data in to a report.  After all is said and done, you end up with a solution that puts heavy load on the system and is not optimal for anything more than basic reports.  So while technically possible, I would strongly advise against it.  You can use the new Data Collection Component (DCC) to run more frequent ETL's throughout the day so that your data is as close to real-time as you'd like.  Then you can either use the traditional DW reporting model from RRDI, or use the Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) to create reports across the lifecycle.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.