It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plan Exclude Expression (!PlannedFor = Current Iteration)

Carson Holmes (11113543) | asked Oct 29 '14, 2:35 p.m.

Any idea what the correct syntax is?  Or is this not possible?  I can't get it to work...  Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 29 '14, 8:11 p.m.
If you leave the expression box as "plannedFor:" long enough, it will be populated with all available values. It appears that what you got there is just not valid at all.
Also, your "exclude" requirement is redundant I think. Each plan has an "iteration" attribute, and it is the same as the "plannedFor" attribute of the work items get listed in the plan.

Comments
Carson Holmes commented Oct 30 '14, 9:33 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Not sure you understand the intent here.  I'm trying to discover if there is a key word for the current iteration, so I can limit the items pulled in on the task board through parent and child relationships.  In this way I could reuse the plan view with each plan instance, regardless of the specific iteration of the plan.

Thanks anyway,
Carson

Donald Nong commented Oct 31 '14, 12:02 a.m.

Right, I did not get that. I will show you an image for what I meant as well. I believe what type of expression you can use for an attribute depends on the type of the attribute. As for "Planned For", you can only treat it like an enumeration, not a string.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.