It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command Line Apapter - pausing in middle of an automated script?

Dave O'Dwyer (622) | asked Oct 28 '14, 7:05 a.m.
edited Oct 28 '14, 12:23 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

I have a special test case I run at the start of an execution schedule which calls a command line test script to build our project. The command line executes a batch file.

I need to be able to display a message and 'pause' in the middle of this batch file instructing the user to perform a manual opreation which is part of our build process.

However it looks to me like this 'pause' cannot be accessed as i need a batch file window.

The command line adapter window is running the CLA so this will not help.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 28 '14, 9:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which Jazz product is this related to? Can you fix your tagging?

Dave O'Dwyer commented Oct 28 '14, 11:34 a.m.

I am using RQM 4.0 and windows XP 5.1.2600

*** TO SUMMARISE:  I need to be able to pause in the middle of running a test execution schedule by displaying a message to the user to perform some task and then press a key to resume .  Then the execution schedule resumes. ***

One answer

permanent link
Ibrahima Sow (1) | answered Oct 28 '14, 12:04 p.m.
Adapters in general doe not pause an execution. During the playback it is passing messages to the Tool which owns the Script and send the result back to RQM. In case of RFT, there is a Pause button on the playback Monitor.
I do not think, this request is feasible from RQM side as the execution is done by another tool.
I hope this can help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.