It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you suggest IBM info center link to compile RTCz COBOL - DB2 program?

Vijayalakshmie K Ekan (711116) | asked Oct 27 '14, 3:13 a.m.
retagged Dec 08 '14, 3:27 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
I ma working with RTCz (RTC system z) . Created Language Definition, Translator and Build engine of type Rational Buuild Agent. 

But when i request build, it is failing with antlib.xml unable to load.

Can you suggest procedure , how to perform the same.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards, Viji

2 answers

permanent link
Justin Spadea (661) | answered Nov 12 '14, 2:55 p.m.
If you're looking for information on how to define and set up your builds, I recommend reading through http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.1/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/c_ee_z_aboutdepbuild.html?lang=en

But it sounds like you may have already set up your build definition. That antlib.xml error you mentioned sounds like you possibly have a mis-configured z/OS build system toolkit (e.g. in your script that starts up bfagent, does it set the environment variable BLD_TOOLKIT to the toolkit directory?). Try reading through http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_install_build_toolkit.html?lang=en to see if you're missing anything.

Comments
Vijayalakshmie K Ekan commented Nov 27 '14, 8:50 a.m.

Yes, set and now recongnizing

permanent link
Vijayalakshmie K Ekan (711116) | answered Nov 27 '14, 8:50 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

When I set the ANT_HOME location, it took. Now it can load antlib.xml.

Now I am getting different error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
* Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
*     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:434)
*     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:677)
*     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:358)
*     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
* Could not find the main class: org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.  Program will exit.
EXEC end "/rtc4/usr/lpp/jazz/v4.0.1"@"S0W1"
RESULT 1

Can you help me here.

Thanks, VIJI

Comments
Justin Spadea commented Dec 01 '14, 1:50 p.m.
Can you paste the script you use to start bfagent? The only way I was able to get your error message was to set ANT_HOME to the wrong location. On my machine which uses 5.0.2 it's set to: /u/spadea/toolkit/usr/lpp/jazz/v5.0.2/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.7.1.v20100518-1145

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.