It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unconfigure/Uninstallation of RTC express installation

Marko Tomljenovic (31647109) | asked Oct 26 '14, 5:25 p.m.
I have installed RTC using the downloadable zip version (with Tomcat, Derby).

No I wanted to reinstall it on a different hard disk folder (to document a fresh installation using express setup). Strangely, after starting the server and opening the JTS setup web page it tells me that the server has already been configured.

So I guess the installation somewhere stores some information about an already performed installation/setup.

Can somebody help me out on how to complete uninstall/unconfigure it so that I can do a fresh installation/setup.

Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
mohan kumar (78930) | answered Oct 26 '14, 11:31 p.m.
edited Oct 27 '14, 2:20 a.m.

Hi Marko Tomljenovic

If you have re-installed RTC on a different hard disk folder then you won’t have any problem configure by starting the server of newly installed RTC but you got error that server has already been configured means you might have started old installed RTC sever  and trying to configure that server

Regards,

Mohan 

permanent link
Marko Tomljenovic (31647109) | answered Oct 27 '14, 4:19 a.m.
Hello Mohan,
thanks for the idea.

But the reason is much simpler.

I accidently overwrote the zip file (with the downloaded server binary) with an already preinstalled/preconfigured server. So this was simply a user error.

Anyway thank you a lot for the fast response.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.