It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleted File History using RTC shell client

satish chandra (111921) | asked Oct 24 '14, 8:39 a.m.
Hi,

I am using RTC shell client and its version is 4.0.4.
The requirement how can I get the history of a file which has been deleted using shell client or a webclient.

To eloborate
1) I have deleted a file and delivered it to a stream
2) Now I would like to get the file and see the history of the file what are the previous changes on it.

I am able to get the file of the version at the time of its deletion but Iam unable to get the history of the file itself.

How can I achieve this ?

Comments
satish chandra commented Oct 24 '14, 8:40 a.m. | edited Oct 24 '14, 10:59 a.m.

Also How a file can be made obsolete using RTC

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 24 '14, 11:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by "made obsolete"?

satish chandra commented Oct 27 '14, 8:50 a.m.

Hi,

The obsolete I mean is the file is no more used or deleted. I would like to know How Can I get the history of the file that is deleted.

Satish

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 27 '14, 10:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since a file is under source control, it is not "deleted", but rather is "deleted from a particular configuration" (e.g. deleted from a particular workspace or particular stream).   The easiest way to find the history of a deleted file is to select/configure a workspace from which that file has not been deleted, and ask for the history of that file from there. 

If you cannot find/configure such a workspace, you can use the "Search -> Jazz_Source_Control -> Change_Sets..." in the Eclipse client to find the change set that deleted the file, and ask for the history from that.   I'm not aware of a corresponding search command in the shell client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.