It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get RTC component list

Tojan John (1172477) | asked Oct 24 '14, 5:03 a.m.
 How to get RTC component list under project area with owner and visibility details?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 24 '14, 5:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Well, you open the Eclipse client, connect to the repository and the project area.Then you open the Source Control node in the Team Artifacts view and you can see all components visible to you.

Comments
Tojan John commented Oct 24 '14, 5:40 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I can see the components with visibility information. But owner is not displayed.What I am looking for is to export the components information (with owner & visibility) to csv or txt. We are using RTC 4.0.4 version. 

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Oct 24 '14, 6:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
John,

in Eclipse RTC client open search --> Jazz Source Control --> Components, pick your server and set the project / team area as owner. This will display a list of components at least with owner. However, the list is not exportable.

To get an exported list with all info you require currently mandates to script against the SCM CLI. The following commands will create the list you envision:

>scm list components -r <repo> --projectarea <projectAreaName>
parse the output and pipe the list of component IDs into:

>scm get attributes --name --ownedby --visibility -C <ComponentID>

If you have a long list of components do set the -max parameter in the first command.
If you have access to Perl this would be a quick script of a few lines, all the easier as the scm commands support -json output which you could easily parse and write out as .csv

- Arne

Comments
Tojan John commented Oct 29 '14, 3:49 a.m.

Hi Ame,

Command "scm get attributes --name --ownedby --visibility -C <componentid> " does not work for me. It says unknown get subcommand. I am using RTC 4.0.4. Is attributes command available from RTC 5.0?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.