It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the definition of a "blocking" work item

Linda Gricius (6812122) | asked Oct 22 '14, 10:11 a.m.
edited Oct 26 '14, 6:20 p.m. by David Steinmetz (5011)
 I'm viewing the output from running the "Blocking Work Items" report, and it doesn't seem accurate. Perhaps I'm not understanding what's meant by "blocking". I created and ran two queries in an attempt to validate the report. The first query looked for work items that had "blocks" links. The second query looked for defects with a Severity of 1 or 2. Neither query returned the number of work items returned on the report. Could someone please explain what this report retrieves?

One answer

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Oct 22 '14, 10:29 a.m.
Hi Linda

Details on the 'Blocking Work Items' report can be found here:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/r_ccm_work_items_reports.html&scope=null

Blocking work items report:

"Plots all open work items with the "Blocker" severity over time. If an iteration is specified, only those work items that are planned for that iteration are shown."

Comments
Linda Gricius commented Oct 22 '14, 10:41 a.m.

But what is a " 'Blocker' severity"? I don't see a work item attribute or state called "Blocker". I'm using the Scrum template - perhaps it's in another template?

Sumant Renukarya commented Oct 22 '14, 11:14 a.m.

There is 'Blocker' severity for workitem in project area based on Formal Project Management process template. So you are right. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.