It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RQM, how can you link a Test Artifact to a Work Item in CCM

Jason Wilson (311225) | asked Oct 22 '14, 9:03 a.m.
Hello All....

I am wondering if there is a way from within RQM in which a Test Artefact (Test Plan, Test Case etc) can easily be linked to a Work Item in CCM.

The reason for this, occassionally a work item is created in order to remove data from a DB. This has no requirement changes etc, so nothing can be linked in RM. All details are added and associated to the work item.

I can see how this is don via the work item, however I cannot see any way of doing this from within RQM.

2 answers

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Oct 22 '14, 11:55 a.m.
edited Oct 22 '14, 12:02 p.m.
Hello,

I have a Development Items section for my Test Cases that I can link RTC Work Items. Are you looking for something different?

Comments
Jason Wilson commented Oct 23 '14, 2:47 a.m.

Hi Stirling,

Yes, so what I am after in the Test Plan and Test Case is something that allows me to link those test artefacts to a work item artefact that is held in CCM.

I can see I can add the link if I go into the work item in CCM but cannot see how I can do this from RQM.

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Oct 22 '14, 10:43 a.m.
Hi Jason

I haven't really tested your use case in my set-up but does this help?

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_submit_blocking_defects_at_runtime.html&scope=null

I will try this and let know with the findings later. 

Comments
Jason Wilson commented Oct 23 '14, 2:45 a.m.

Hi Sumant,

This is not what I am after.

Where normally you would link a Test Plan and Test Case to a requirement in RM or DOORS I want to link it to a Work Item as no requirement has changed and it may be just a script to delete data out of a DB.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.