It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deliver changesets to another stream in RTC 3.0

Lorena Cortés (2654) | asked Oct 22 '14, 8:23 a.m.

Hi

I'm working with 2 streams, each other in differents project areas

I want to receive changes from stream A in my stream B, but the stream A cannot view the changes from stream B, I mean, I want to merge both codes only in the B stream.

I'm working with RTC 3.0 iFix 1 and when I'm configuring flow targets in A stream, it doesn't works

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Comments
Tim Mok commented Oct 22 '14, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are there error messages? Can you select the stream?

Tim Mok commented Oct 22 '14, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I just noticed you're on 3.0. Stream to stream flows weren't added until 3.0.1. You'll have to follow Ralph's suggestion and use a repository workspace.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 22 '14, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Lorena, you would usually not deliver from one stream to another, but use a repository workspace based on Stream A. Then add the flow target to Stream B and deliver the changes there (potentially merging incoming changes in).

Having said that. You can configure a flow target from one Stream to another. In the Eclipse Client, you can then open the stream in the pending changes view (you might have to configure the view to show everything). Once you have done that and see the stream and the target, you can, in case there are outgoing changes, deliver them there. This only works if there are no merge conflicts. If there are, you need a repo workspace to resolve the conflicts.

Comments
Robert Wen commented Oct 22 '14, 9:34 a.m.

I agree with Ralph, either way would work.  

But I'm wondering if it's really true that each stream is in a different project area.  If that's the case, you may have to do a stream operation like creating a snapshot on stream A and updating stream B based on the snapshot. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 24 '14, 12:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Whether or not the two streams are in different project areas doesn't matter ... what does matter is whether the two streams are in the same repository (if not, you will need to use distributed delivery), and whether you have the appropriate read and write access to the two streams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.