It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I enable "Only Owner Can Change Workitem"?

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Oct 21 '14, 10:23 a.m.
 Hello,

I have a requirement to implement in RTC. Our team want no-one but the owner changes the workitem's attribute and state.

How can I enable this functionality? I remember RTC having such features but right now, I can't find it. May be I am mistaken.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 21 '14, 11:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not available out of the box. Permissions are controlled by role (and owner is no role).

However you can create a custom advisor and enforce this. As an example see: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/only-owner-can-close-workitem-advisor/
Canberk Akduygu selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Canberk Akduygu commented Oct 23 '14, 4:17 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I was thinking creating a custom operation advisor.
That can be a good enhancement as far as I see because the reason behind this functionality has some valid point as one can close someone else's workitem by mistake or whatever..

Would it make sense to create such an enhancement on jazz.net

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 23 '14, 4:42 a.m. | edited Oct 23 '14, 4:49 a.m.

Hi Canberk,
I do see the benefit of having e.g. a pseudo role "Owner" to be able to tie permissions to.

I think it always makes sense to express your needs as enhancement requests. 8-)

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 24 '14, 12:49 a.m.
This functionality (providing a "pseudo-role" that matches the owner) is requested in work item Add special "owner" and "creator" roles, that specifies what the "owner" and "creator" respectively of an object can do to the object (88779)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.