It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JKE Banking initialization customizable?

Stefan Riedmüller (47136) | asked Oct 21 '14, 7:29 a.m.
Hello,

at the moment I am looking for a solution to generate and fill automatically a RTC Project Area. We need this for the creation of test environments and training environments.

We need a solution to generate a project area with following content:
- Teams
- Members
- Categories
- Work Items
- Streams with components
- Sample Files in the source control artifacts
- Plans

In other words, we need the JKE Banking initialization configured with our own content.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much.

Stefan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 21 '14, 7:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think you can do that. However, you could use the API's available to create something like the JKE banking setup.  This post explains a similar approach: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/deploying-templates-and-creating-projects-using-the-plain-java-clients-library/ and shows many, but not all the steps needed.
Stefan Riedmüller selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Stefan Riedmüller (47136) | answered Oct 22 '14, 3:11 a.m.
It is possible to create own follow-up actions in the section "Project Area Initialization"? Because maybe we can use the project area initialization in combination with customized follow-up actions to setup some stuff in new project areas.

Please correct me if I am on the wrong way.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 22 '14, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations in the section Predefined RTC Follow-Up Actions.

If they are built in, you can most likely create them yourself. Look at one of the existing ones in the SDK to see details about the extension points if you can't find it in the link above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.