It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I exclude symbolic link from load?

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Oct 20 '14, 12:53 p.m.
 Hi,
I've a single project with files for many platform (osx, linux, windows). In this project there are some folders that contain symbolic links that are used when I launch a build on linux/osx. But if I try to load the workspace on windows I get the symbolic link creation error.
Is there a way to avoid loading of symbolic links? Perhaps using load rules? I've tried the exclude filter by extension but it seems not work.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Oct 21 '14, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Load rules would be a good way to do this. The issue is your load rule doesn't work. If you can post the load rule, we may be able to see what's wrong with it.

You can also give Eclipse the permission to create the symbolic links if you don't mind loading them on Windows.

2 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Oct 21 '14, 10:16 a.m.
 I've a project with the following structure 

-Project
- folder1
-folder2
-folder3

and I'd like to exclude folder3 from loading (which contains the symbolic links: I'd be more happy to exclude only these but I can exclude the entire folder).
I've tried the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!--Built from the sandbox "D:\WS\OldServer" and the workspace "Mobile_Workspace_Michele"--><!--Generated: 2014-10-20 19.04.01--><scm:sourceControlLoadRule xmlns:scm="http://com.ibm.team.scm" eclipseProjectOptions="import" version="1">
<parentLoadRule>
        <component name="TestComponent"/>
        <parentFolder repositoryPath="/"/>
        <exclude>
            <filter pattern="*folder3*"/>
        </exclude>
    </parentLoadRule>
</scm:sourceControlLoadRule>
but it does not work. I've also tried with filter name="folder" but it is the same.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Oct 21 '14, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<scm:sourceControlLoadRule xmlns:scm="http://com.ibm.team.scm" eclipseProjectOptions="import" version="1">

<parentLoadRule>

<component name="TestComponent"/>

<parentFolder repositoryPath="/Project/folder1"/>

<exclude>

<filter pattern="*folder3*"/>

</exclude>

<sandboxRelativePath includeRepositoryPath="true"/>

</parentLoadRule>

</scm:sourceControlLoadRule>

The filter is not recursively applied to the children. You'll have to specify each folder. Also add <sandboxRelativePath includeRepositoryPath="true"/> so the item is loaded with the full path.

Michele Pegoraro commented Oct 21 '14, 11:46 a.m.

I've tried but it seems to load only stuff under the folder1 project and not the parent Project itself... (for example, if I have another folder sibling of folder1 it will not be loaded)

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Dec 11 '14, 4:58 a.m.
 Any hints on how to do this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.