It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can no longer view another user's change sets in web client after upgrading to RTC 5.0.1

Richard Michelson (21614) | asked Oct 16 '14, 9:47 a.m.
edited Oct 20 '14, 5:26 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
After upgrading to 5.0.1 from 5.0, users receive the following error when attempting to view a change set (owned by a different user) attached to a Work Item in the web client.  "No permission to access the workspace". It does work in eclipse and it does work as an admin user.

2 answers

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Oct 17 '14, 2:58 a.m.
 Hi Richard,

I have the same issue in RTC 5.0.1. I tested in RTC 4.0.6 which doesn't have the issue.
I compared the two URLs of the change set links and found the format was changed in v5.0.1. 
In RTC 5.0.1, the change set link is:
https://rtc-server:9453/ccm/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.scm.ChangeSet/_hrY5EE9OEeSmGtnUXxMVxQ?projectAreaId=_bk3asAJ2EeSiePAi_miXwQ&workspace=_fmA78AJ2EeSAo-lLo6R9pg

if the workspace visibility is Private you will get "No permission to access the workspace". However you can open the the changeset using the URL without "&workspace=".

This maybe a product defect. 

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | answered Dec 24 '14, 3:59 p.m.
I just wanted to add this may also appear if the workspace has since been deleted, in which case you will see "The workspace does not exist".

The above was fixed in RTC 5.0.2.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.